The Message+ app on my Samsung 8 "keeps stopping" as per the box that keeps popping up with that message and is not allowing me access to my Message screen to create or receive text messages. I have restarted my phone which didnt make a difference, and now I'm researching to see if I should clear the cashe in that app. If I do this, will I lose all of my current active messages or not?
    08-01-2019 09:17 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I can't say for sure, but cached data should always be temporary data. So any existing messaging threads should be preserved. I'm not sure about any draft messages that you haven't officially sent, though.
    08-01-2019 09:27 PM
    Cached data normally happens when you use the Home button instead of the Back button when you're "finished" using an app. The app is still running, and it's still holding its cached data. Then you restart the phone, or turn it off, then turn it on later, and the app never got a chance to clear its cache, which it doe when you close the app (using the Back button).

You see that on YouTube all the time - people using the home button as an "I'm done using this app" button - it's not. All it does is run the launcher (the home pages, the app drawer, the widget interface, etc.) The app just keeps running. And every app you do that with keeps running, until Android needs the RAM space, and just kills the least recently used (LRU) app. Which slows the phone down and even sometimes causes an "out of RAM" message on some phones.
    08-02-2019 04:11 PM