My Facebook notifications aren't working how do I fix it ?

Jumbochick

Aug 2, 2019
Visit site
My Facebook notifications suddenly stopped coming through my phone which is a Samsung Galaxy S9+ . I have tried every instruction given to me, but to no avail. Other than uninstall it then reinstall which I can't do because it's an inbuilt app on my phone I don't know what else to try. Can anyone help me fix this please ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean that you just don't hear the notification tone, or that you don't even get a notification icon in the status bar?

Any power-saving modes on, or 3rd party battery-saver or "RAM booster" apps installed? Do you have the Facebook app battery-optimized in the system settings?

Jumbochick

Aug 2, 2019
Visit site
Hi
Thank you for responding to my question, I just don't get a notification in my status bar. There are no power saving modes on or battery savers or ram boosters and my Facebook app doesn't have the battery optimized in system settings. My Facebook notifications just suddenly stopped for no apparent reason.

Jumbochick

Aug 2, 2019
Visit site
Hi Thank you for trying, but so far none of the suggestions have worked so far. I'm literally tearing my hair out in frustration, any more help please carry on maybe soon we will hit on a solution.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Don't worry, we'll keep going until we get there.
Make sure that your notifications are correctly set in both the system and the app settings.
If they are, try Safe Mode.

We can suggest more.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Please can you tell me how ?
For the first: Settings > Sound & Notification for the system-level notifications; and for the app-level notifications, open the Facebook app and check in the Settings menu of the app.

For the second, press Power as if to power off the device; then long-press the 'Power Off?' message box, after which the option to boot into Safe Mode will appear.

Rebooting is the normal way to exit Safe Mode when you've finished.

Safe Mode is used to temporarily disable third-party apps as a way of diagnosing whether they are causing the problem.

Jumbochick

Aug 2, 2019
Visit site
Facebook notifications aren't working how do I fix it

For mustang7757 This is my screenshot of my notifications on my phone as requested. Let me know if it's right please.

Attachments

• 1601.jpg
    1601.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator: