Unable to install new App from web based Google Play stating that it is already installed

Phil Lavender

May 8, 2016
Visit site
I have recently purchased Bitdefender from an eBay seller who emailed me the link to install on 6 devices which I have successfully done apart from the last device being my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone. Two of the 6 devices were Windows laptops, followed by 4 Android devices but when I tried installing it on my phone it says that it is already installed. I did have a trial of Bitdefender on it which I had uninstalled & I have cleared the cache memory off all Google Play Apps. The link doesn't allow me to download from Google Play App but instead Google Play website so I also cleared the cache from my browser but still it states it is installed. I have carefully checked that it is DEFINITELY not hidden away looking at all icons & the settings App list which it isn't but I still cannot install from the link which I have already successfully done on the other 3 Android devices.
Any assistance would be much appreciated please

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Just curious - why would you buy a security app from some random 3rd party rather than directly from the developer? I question the validity of the licensing, but you may get to try it out and contact the Bitdefender folks to try to sort out your installation issue.

When opening the link are you not prompted to choose if you want to use Chrome or the Play Store?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you ever installed a particular app from the Play Store on any of your devices, it will always say Installed on the Play Store website page for that app. Go to the Bitdefender Play Store app page on your computer browser, then click the Installed button. That should give you the option to select which device to install the app to, which will then send a remote command to the phone to start downloading and installing the app. I'm not sure if that'll work for the way you got your app, though.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Uninstalling an app, then clearing cache, can't clear the uninstalled app's cache, since the app is no longer there. Neither can you clear the app's data. You force stop the app first (so it doesn't store any more data or anything in its cache, then you clear the data, you clear the cache, then you uninstall the app.

Your only way out, unless you want to use a different antivirus app, is to back everything up, do a factory reset, then restore everything. That will get rid of all traces of deleted apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463