I just switched from a windows phone. The navigation program acted like a phone call. When there was a direction announcement it would start a phone call which would interrupt my music playback. After the announcement the "phone call" would end and the music would start up.

Here WE Go and Google navigation in Android have media announcements. I can either select music from my USB drive to listen to or my phone to hear the navigation announcements, but not both.

How do I switch Here We Go app or the Google navigation app to act like a phone and not as a media player?
    08-02-2019 09:29 PM
    I just switched from a windows phone. The navigation program acted like a phone call. When there was a direction announcement it would start a phone call which would interrupt my music playback. After the announcement the "phone call" would end and the music would start up.

Here WE Go and Google navigation in Android have media announcements. I can either select music from my USB drive to listen to or my phone to hear the navigation announcements, but not both.

How do I switch Here We Go app or the Google navigation app to act like a phone and not as a media player?
    Hi , if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist.

I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    08-02-2019 10:27 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! If you're using your phone for Google Maps (and not Android Auto in your car), tap Menu>Settings>Navigation Settings, and turn off Play Voice Over Bluetooth. This will make the directions play over the phone's speakers, and therefore not interrupt your music.
    08-03-2019 12:45 AM
    Stop using Here We Go and use Maps. It mutes the music and makes the announcement, then brings the music volume back up.
    08-03-2019 03:58 PM