Why does my phone look totally different after letting my granddaughter use it for an hour

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Everything I saved to my home screen is gone, all the icons are moved around and grouped together everything looks different and works differently. There's a stupid "junk removal" app on here that I can't find to remove. Is there any way to go back to how it was before? I'm very sad about this...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Everything I saved to my home screen is gone, all the icons are moved around and grouped together everything looks different and works differently. There's a stupid "junk removal" app on here that I can't find to remove. Is there any way to go back to how it was before? I'm very sad about this...
Hi , if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist.

I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Certain phones have the ability to restore from a prior backup but I doubt that applies to you. If it's just rearranging or restoring shortcuts it shouldn't be that painful. As suggested please register here so we can communicate back and forth to better assist you.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A couple of suggestions:

Evidently your granddaughter isn't mature enough to respect the right of someone else to keep his phone the way he wants it (or is too young to play with cellphones - a cellphone isn't a toy), so I wouldn't let her play with it until she's mature enough to use it for what she needs to do, but not disturb your settings.

A lot of us use Nova Launcher - it can save its current configuration, so you can always restore it with a few taps. (And you can lock the home screen so that no one can mess it up).

As far as the junk removal tool, that might take something like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to get rid of.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae