Android S7 why text message put you into contact, set as default, compose?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

This is new more complicated for sending a new text message. Has been driving me crazy for a year or 2, wondering if there's a work around. They basically made it MORE complicated, used to be simple in prior versions. To send a new text message on S7 I hit new message +, puts me into contacts, I can even choose a commonly used contact, asks set as default, then have to click compose. RIDICULOUS amount of steps to send a text to a common contact. How many times must I "set as default" for the number. Geez.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist you.

I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate.https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154
This is new more complicated for sending a new text message. Has been driving me crazy for a year or 2, wondering if there's a work around. They basically made it MORE complicated, used to be simple in prior versions. To send a new text message on S7 I hit new message +, puts me into contacts, I can even choose a commonly used contact, asks set as default, then have to click compose. RIDICULOUS amount of steps to send a text to a common contact. How many times must I "set as default" for the number. Geez.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
You should be able to open the message app and see your current conversations and a search bar at the top. It will auto fill if your beginning a new message from the contacts. That's 2 taps. 3 if there is no existing conversation with the person your sending the new one to.

beegreen77

Aug 7, 2019
Visit site
With current conversations that are recent I can just jump right into the chat thread.

To send a new text message on S7:
- I hit new message + sign
- puts me into contacts, choose a name, have to hit "Compose"
- If I have to look up a name, then it shows the contact and asks to set as default (even if it's a number/person I have sent msgs to many times, every time it asks me to "set as default"
- then have to click compose.
- 4-5 steps.

Why do I have to keep doing "set as default" every time? I wanted to scream "damnit, didn't you hear me last time?!"

Why do I have to choose "Compose" when I've already indicated I'm starting a new text message?

It's just 2-3 more steps than the earlier version. Updates so often make things more complicated. Thanks for listening.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781