My kids lost my darn Sanyo BluRay remote. I have tried numerous remote apps, and none of them will work, as for some reason the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus doesn't have an IR blaster. I am more than a little annoyed. Any advice? I also don't currently have WiFi so I cannot use apps that would require the BluRay and my phone to be on the same network.
    08-04-2019 09:47 PM
    My kids lost my darn Sanyo BluRay remote. I have tried numerous remote apps, and none of them will work, as for some reason the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus doesn't have an IR blaster. I am more than a little annoyed. Any advice? I also don't currently have WiFi so I cannot use apps that would require the BluRay and my phone to be on the same network.
    Hi , if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist.

I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    08-04-2019 09:54 PM
    Unless that Bluray player has its own app to connect, it's unlikely you'll find a third party app that works.

Unfortunately most phones no longer come with an IR Blaster. There are IR Blasters that you can plug into your phone's USB port or AUX jack (if you have one), but I don't have any personal experience with them and online reviews seem mixed.

You may be better off just buying a cheap universal remote from a local retailer.
    08-04-2019 11:47 PM