I have a blackberry keyone which went for a screen repair and was sent back a new phone because they couldnt fix the old one. When I try to setup the phone, it doesnt show the backup from the previous keyone, but only from my phone before that. But in my google backup the previous phone shows up.

It says that backup cannot be restored from a newer android version. My previous phone had already updated to Android 8, it came with 7.1 and ofcourse the new keyone I got is running 7.1 also since its out of the box. But if this were the case, if I did a factory reset on my earlier phone which was running 8, it would ofcourse go back to 7.1. Does that mean I would not have been able to restore after an factory reset. That doesnt make sense. Eitherway, is there a solution to this? Is this the reason I cannot see the backup.

Thank you in advance.
    08-05-2019 02:16 PM
    I have a blackberry keyone which went for a screen repair and was sent back a new phone because they couldnt fix the old one. When I try to setup the phone, it doesnt show the backup from the previous keyone, but only from my phone before that. But in my google backup the previous phone shows up.

It says that backup cannot be restored from a newer android version. My previous phone had already updated to Android 8, it came with 7.1 and ofcourse the new keyone I got is running 7.1 also since its out of the box. But if this were the case, if I did a factory reset on my earlier phone which was running 8, it would ofcourse go back to 7.1. Does that mean I would not have been able to restore after an factory reset. That doesnt make sense. Eitherway, is there a solution to this? Is this the reason I cannot see the backup.

Thank you in advance.
    Hi , if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist.

I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    08-05-2019 02:17 PM
    But if this were the case, if I did a factory reset on my earlier phone which was running 8, it would ofcourse go back to 7.1.
    Actually - no. "Factory reset" is somewhat improperly named as it does not restore to the OS version from the factory. It's more of a user data reset instead. Once the OS on the device is updated it will not "un-update" with a reset.
    08-05-2019 02:45 PM