• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Everytime u turn my phone on it takes a picture

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I know some security apps will do this to show the owner any attempted tampering. I've also seen automated apps that can be programmed to do this as well, for the same purpose.

Do you have any shortcuts set up for the camera, like opening it with the vol button from sleep? Check the camera settings or phone gesture settings for this option. Not knowing what device you have it's hard to narrow it down anymore than that.

How long has this been happening? Since you got the device, since you let your 12 month old nephew play with it, after you installed that one app???

How do you know it's taking the pic? Camera sound, finding them in your gallery, displaying them when taken, what's the give away?

Does it happen every time you wake the phone? So if it sits for 20 minutes it happens but not if you turn the screen off and back on in a second or two or it happens every time no matter what?

Could you be pressing two buttons with the way you hold the device when you wake it? Have you tried tap to wake options or turned on accidental touch protection? Again not really sure what device you have so some of those may not apply.

To reply to this thread please register an account here at Android Central. In your reply please include what device you have and version of Android you're using.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo