How do i turn off the dark mode

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
You have not provided enough information to provide useful pointed advice. If you are using dark mode on your device the native contacts app may go to dark mode along with the device. I will say however the Google Contact app does not have a dark mode. If it is not installed on your device you should be able to find it at the Play Store.

If you don't find this useful advice please follow mustang7757's link and register an account so that you can reply to this thread and open a 2-way conversation.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The stock Android Contacts app has a dark mode - you can turn it off in Settings, from the menu in the Contacts app. (If your phone has an AMOLED screen, be aware that a light background uses more battery than a dark background [in any app - it's due to the way the screen works].)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I will say however the Google Contact app does not have a dark mode. If it is not installed on your device you should be able to find it at the Play Store.

FYI, Google did add this recently, hallelujah!:p In the Google Contacts app, it's in Menu>Settings>Choose Theme.