how to see notification on the icon

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

i have Xiomi redmi note 7 and i dont know what happend but i dont recieve the notification number of the massages on the whatsup icon.
i tried to remove the option of get the massage alert of incomming massage on screen... please advice

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry I'm not fully following what you are saying...

You say, you don't know what happened, then go on to say, I tried to remove the option....

So did you try to turn off the alert and this was the result or was turning off the alert your attempt at getting it back?

If you made a change and it stopped try reversing the change. If you don't want audible alerts from the app set the sound for the app to silent.

Have you checked the notification settings for the app? If you go into the device Settings>Applications and notifications, scroll to the app page, open notifications and be sure that app badges are turned on.

If this doesn't help, please register an account to provide more information and get more advice.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. You have to have notifications in WhatsApp turned on.

2. The number isn't the number of messages, it's the number of notifications. (If you have notifications, you'll see a number - if you swipe them away ... even without looking at the messages ... you won't see a number.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm not familiar with Xiaomi's UI -- do you know for sure that any app (including WhatsApp) can show an unread count badge? Some launchers only allow this for certain apps. One possible workaround is to install a 3rd party launcher like Nova.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol