Galaxy Note8: The text select (highlighting) mode and copy/paste menu bar activate even on a brief swiping touch for scrolling through text in the message currently being composed. To be clear, I have only encountered this issue when composing messages in the Google Messages and native Android messages app but I have not undertaken to specifically identify whether any other problematic programs exist. [[I know this issue occurred notably in Chrome and Facebook a few years back.]] I first ran into the issue about 1-2 weeks ago which (perhaps unsurprisingly) is around the time of the last software update. I can't find any options for adjusting the settings of this feature. In the absence of a fix, can anyone explain how to switch between text navigation (i.e., scrolling) mode and text selecting mode?

Thanks in advance--if I could buy each of you a piece of a cake, I probably still would not because the logistics would be a nightmare.
    08-07-2019 10:51 PM
    Galaxy Note8: The text select (highlighting) mode and copy/paste menu bar activate even on a brief swiping touch for scrolling through text in the message currently being composed. To be clear, I have only encountered this issue when composing messages in the Google Messages and native Android messages app but I have not undertaken to specifically identify whether any other problematic programs exist. [[I know this issue occurred notably in Chrome and Facebook a few years back.]] I first ran into the issue about 1-2 weeks ago which (perhaps unsurprisingly) is around the time of the last software update. I can't find any options for adjusting the settings of this feature. In the absence of a fix, can anyone explain how to switch between text navigation (i.e., scrolling) mode and text selecting mode?

Thanks in advance--if I could buy each of you a piece of a cake, I probably still would not because the logistics would be a nightmare.
    Hi Does this happen in another keyboard like Google Gboard?
    Welcome to AC forums!
    08-07-2019 11:02 PM