Galaxy S9 now says IMS status is off. Now I can not send any MMS messages at all.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

This occured after a system update to One UI roughly 2 weeks ago.
Everything was working fine for at least a year prior to the new update.
I contacted Straight Talk regarding this issue, & they don't seem to know how to enable it back on or have it registered.
Any suggestions?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I contacted Straight Talk regarding this issue, & they don't seem to know how to enable it back on or have it registered.
Any suggestions?
This is usually when your imei number not registered with that sim , so only carrier could fix that

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Any suggestions?
Hi, welcome to AC forums, me or other members would be happy to assist you but if we need to ask additional questions you'll need to register as a member to respond . I'll provide a link to register so you can reply and communicate with us .https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

Don Zex

Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
According to them everything seems to be provisioned correctly. Straight talk said that it's a known common problem with Samsung. I informed them that I haven't had any problems with the phone over the past year that I have had it until the update.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
According to them everything seems to be provisioned correctly. Straight talk said that it's a known common problem with Samsung. I informed them that I haven't had any problems with the phone over the past year that I have had it until the update.
Is yours the unlocked version or carrier unlocked? Unlocked version Samsung do have this issue

Don Zex

Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
Samsung unlocked.

I've been running Verizon Sim the entire time.
Was curious & tried a T-mobile sim & of course when I put in a Straight talk T-Mobile Sim it switches everything to T-mobile. The MMS messages were working again. Of course when I switched back to the Straight talk Verizon Sim card the MMS messages weren't working again saying invalid destination or Network error occured.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Samsung unlocked.

Was curious & tried a T-mobile sim & of course when I put in a Straight talk T-Mobile Sim it switches everything to T-mobile. The MMS messages were working again. Of course when I switched back to the Straight talk Verizon Sim card the MMS messages weren't working again saying invalid destination or Network error occured.
Did it reboot after putting the Verizon sim in to reconfigure? Might try another restart ?

Don Zex

Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
Yes, it rebooted. , I also rebooted a few times after switching back trying to jump start it if anything was lagging.
Looking at the access point information it appears as if the MMS says not set, & the MMSC is blank I thought something was there before

Don Zex

Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
Ok, any idea what it should say for Straight talk running a Verizon SIM?

The one that's posted on their website seems to causing the problem.
As previously mentioned when I entered the Straight Talk T-Mobile SIM from another Galaxy S9 & it came up similar to what yours look like, & the MMS seemed to work just fine.

Once I switched back to the Straight Talk Verizon SIM there isn't any thing on the MMS, or the MMSC field according to a Straight talk customer service rep.
Of course it doesn't seem to want to work again.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok, any idea what it should say for Straight talk running a Verizon SIM?

The one that's posted on their website seems to causing the problem.
As previously mentioned when I entered the Straight Talk T-Mobile SIM from another Galaxy S9 & it came up similar to what yours look like, & the MMS seemed to work just fine.

Once I switched back to the Straight Talk Verizon SIM there isn't any thing on the MMS, or the MMSC field according to a Straight talk customer service rep.
Of course it doesn't seem to want to work again.
If you can give me little time I can try dig up and find something for you , I can reach back later on it?