1. Android Central Question's Avatar
    Hello guys,

    I just got my new Galaxy A50 days ago, and I its pre-installed with Microsoft Office Mobile, one app that include all the office app (Word, Excel, Power Point).

    I just wondering, what is the difference between this app and every standalone office apps on play store? Which one is better and which one should I use?

    I'm using all of the office apps, including OneNote and Outlook, and I want to experience the perfect microsoft ecosystem on my Galaxy phone.

    Thanks.
    08-08-2019 11:33 PM
  2. mustang7757's Avatar
    Hello guys,

    I just got my new Galaxy A50 days ago, and I its pre-installed with Microsoft Office Mobile, one app that include all the office app (Word, Excel, Power Point).

    I just wondering, what is the difference between this app and every standalone office apps on play store? Which one is better and which one should I use?

    I'm using all of the office apps, including OneNote and Outlook, and I want to experience the perfect microsoft ecosystem on my Galaxy phone.

    Thanks.
    Hi, welcome to AC forums, me or other members would be happy to assist you but if we need to ask additional questions you'll need to register as a member to respond . I'll provide a link to register so you can reply and communicate with us .https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    08-08-2019 11:34 PM
  3. Rukbat's Avatar
    I've found that "one app to do it all" usually doesn't do it as well as the individual apps. Like Microsoft Works vs. the individual programs (Word, Excel, etc.) Works worked, but had none of the power of the individual programs. The same thing happens with Android apps. One app to do all the work of 5 apps that take a total of 4GB of RAM would take 4GB of RAM. But the idea is to give you "all" the functionality (the basic parts that 98% of the people using the individual apps actually use) in one app. If you want to do what the other 2% of users use the individual apps for, you're out of luck unless you use the individual apps. (For instance, we used to scrape web pages [legally - we were a customer] and Paste Special them into Excel to get rid of the formatting - Works can't do that. Most people don't even know what Paste Special is, but I used it so often [5-10 times a day, at least] that I had n icon on the icon bar for it. Without that, and Word's ability to paste a table, then copy it as text, a 10 minute job would have taken all day.)

    So which do you need? That depends on what you do. If the all-in-one does what you need, why load the phone with 4 or 5 individual apps? But if it doesn't, you'll have to.
    08-09-2019 01:38 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Waiting on USA announcement
    By ROE_HUNTER in forum ASUS ROG Phone II
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-03-2019, 08:07 AM
  2. What does gsvo mean on my call log
    By Android Central Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2019, 01:52 PM
  3. how do you sync a replacement s pen with a samsung galaxy tab A?
    By Android Central Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2019, 08:32 AM
  4. Cant make calls on bluetooth headphones though connected for calls.
    By Android Central Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2019, 11:26 PM
  5. Note 10+ vs note 10+ 5g size
    By nonie in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10 & Note 10+ (2019)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-08-2019, 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD