Transferring apps and files from Samsung S6 to S10

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I need to transfer files form S6 to S10, but the port of the S6 is broken. I have tried using smart switch with WiFi, but this does not work.

Is there any way of doing this ?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I need to transfer files form S6 to S10, but the port of the S6 is broken. I have tried using smart switch with WiFi, but this does not work.

Is there any way of doing this ?
Hi, welcome to AC forums, me or other members would be happy to assist you but if we need to ask additional questions you'll need to register as a member to respond . I'll provide a link to register so you can reply and communicate with us .https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
WiFi File Transfer (larger files require the paid version)? OTG connector (or adapter) to a thumb drive? (Copy from the S6 to the thumb drive, then connect the thumb drive to the S10 and transfer them to it.)

As far as apps, just install them again. (If you paid for an app, you don't have to pay for it again to install it on another phone on the same Google account.) Or use App Backup & Restore to convert them to .apk files, copy the thumb drive, then install them on the S10 from the thumb drive.

Apps with data - make sure Google backup is enables on the S6, set the S10 to the same Google account and you should sync them (and, during setup in the S10, it should ask you if you want to copy your apps - if you say yes, you have to hold the phones back to back so they can "talk" by NFC, then the file transfers will go by ad-hoc WiFi).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma