Hi everyone,
    Hoping you can help. Bought a new car... my old phone didn't really work with AA reliably so I had to buy a new phone. Settled on Samsung S10e. I listen to Google play almost all the time, but every time I have the car play a gchat message (used for work) or FB message, it stops the audio on the music (I can see it's still playing) and then crashes my phone and reboots it. This is super frustrating when the phone is also the Nav and I didn't pay for the Navigation on the car (why when it's on my phone?!?).
    Please help - phone is 3 weeks old, car is only months old. This is getting expensive and frustrating!
    Thanks
    Erica
    08-09-2019 02:45 PM
    Have you tried doing the same but NOT in Android Auto, just connecting your phone to your car's Bluetooth? (You'll have to allow message access to the system or it won't work).

The reason I ask is because I had a similar issue and the bug was with the car's system...and my audio system didn't have Android Auto. Toyota Prius, same symptoms. When I received a text and I asked the car to play it (since it won't let you read it on screen), it would read the text, but as soon as it was finished, there was no more media audio. Had to disconnect/re-connect the phone to get it back.

I currently use an S10 but on a Hyundai Sonata with Android Auto and have had no issues (currently renting a Kia Forte, also with Android Auto, no issues). T-Mobile variant in case it makes a difference.
    08-09-2019 03:03 PM