Need help,

'3rd party app sounds' notifications dont work,

when a notification comes through from an app, the regular phone notification sound plays instead, of unique sounds for each app installed

example : the sky news app, when a breaking news notification comes through you should hear the familiar sky news sound(notification) now all I hear is "bleep bleep".

when my house alarm app notification sounds, my old s7 would play "Alarm zone 2 downstairs Alarm" now if my house alarm activates my phone goes "bleep" , the app notifications are all switched on in app permissions, I can see all the notification sound options in the apps phone menu all are enabled, but none work..
    08-09-2019 02:19 PM
    Need help,

'3rd party app sounds' notifications dont work,

when a notification comes through from an app, the regular phone notification sound plays instead, of unique sounds for each app installed

example : the sky news app, when a breaking news notification comes through you should hear the familiar sky news sound(notification) now all I hear is "bleep bleep".

when my house alarm app notification sounds, my old s7 would play "Alarm zone 2 downstairs Alarm" now if my house alarm activates my phone goes "bleep" , the app notifications are all switched on in app permissions, I can see all the notification sound options in the apps phone menu all are enabled, but none work..
    Hi, welcome to AC forums, me or other members would be happy to assist you but if we need to ask additional questions you'll need to register as a member to respond . I'll provide a link to register so you can reply and communicate with us .https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    08-09-2019 03:15 PM
    That may be a little Pie bug - I noticed that Hangouts doesn't play the notification for text that it's set to play. We'll see with Q.
    08-09-2019 03:56 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Where are you trying to select the custom tones for these apps -- from within the apps themselves, or in the system settings menu?
    08-11-2019 01:07 AM