It seems with Android 9.0 that when my bluetooth is on in the car, there is no sound for any notifications like texts or emails. Phone calls are fine, but nothing else. Using Moto Z4. Never had this problem on my old Moto Z Force and 8.0.
    08-09-2019 07:42 PM
    It seems with Android 9.0 that when my bluetooth is on in the car, there is no sound for any notifications like texts or emails. Phone calls are fine, but nothing else. Using Moto Z4. Never had this problem on my old Moto Z Force and 8.0.
    Hi, welcome to AC forums, me or other members would be happy to assist you but if we need to ask additional questions you'll need to register as a member to respond . I'll provide a link to register so you can reply and communicate with us .https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    08-09-2019 07:42 PM
    I am having a similar problem. Just switched from Huawei Mate SE (Best phone I've ever owned) to a Xiaomi Mi 9t using MIUI version 11.0.1 and Android 9. I have the exact same bluetooth headset that I used for both phones. When bluetooth connected to the Huawei phone and using my headset, all the notification sounds continue to be heard on the phone as well as through the headset. With the Xiaomi, I don't hear any notifications except incoming phone calls on both the phone and the headset simultaneously. This is a problem because whenever my headset is connected but I am not actually wearing it, I have no idea what's going on. This is a huge step backwards. I've searched for answers and I've not found anything useful so far.
    11-09-2019 07:51 PM
    I am having a similar problem. Just switched from Huawei Mate SE (Best phone I've ever owned) to a Xiaomi Mi 9t using MIUI version 11.0.1 and Android 9. I have the exact same bluetooth headset that I used for both phones. When bluetooth connected to the Huawei phone and using my headset, all the notification sounds continue to be heard on the phone as well as through the headset. With the Xiaomi, I don't hear any notifications except incoming phone calls on both the phone and the headset simultaneously. This is a problem because whenever my headset is connected but I am not actually wearing it, I have no idea what's going on. This is a huge step backwards. I've searched for answers and I've not found anything useful so far.
    Hi, Welcome!
    Have you tried reset network in settings?, it resets bluetooth
    11-09-2019 07:57 PM
    I'm using H2O Wireless as my provider. Won't a network settings reset require me to enter in the APN information again?
    11-09-2019 08:00 PM
    I'm using H2O Wireless as my provider. Won't a network settings reset require me to enter in the APN information again?
    It shouldn't it should automatically have it from sim card , but if you want to take screenshot of your APN just in case ? You'll need to put passwords for wifi though. Why no notification sound when connected to car bluetooth?-screenshot_20191109-210525_settings.jpeg
    11-09-2019 08:06 PM
    I've reset the network settings twice and tested. Still not getting any notification sounds whenever bluetooth is connected. Just to be clear, I DO get the sounds on the headset. But I don't get the sounds on the phone (other than phone calls). Thanks for the help, but that doesn't seem to correct the problem.
    11-09-2019 08:41 PM
    I've reset the network settings twice and tested. Still not getting any notification sounds whenever bluetooth is connected. Just to be clear, I DO get the sounds on the headset. But I don't get the sounds on the phone (other than phone calls). Thanks for the help, but that doesn't seem to correct the problem.
    Ok ,your welcome!
    Let me get a Mod to move in correct forum see if any other members run into this
    11-09-2019 08:47 PM
    Also see if @javier p can help out here
    11-09-2019 08:48 PM
    The difference between Android 7 and Android 9, I think. Nothing more than that.
    11-09-2019 09:07 PM
    Thanks! I sent a message over to Javier.
    11-09-2019 09:12 PM
    Thanks! I sent a message over to Javier.
    Your welcome! No need I tagged his name so when he's online he would see that
    11-09-2019 09:13 PM
    Well that's unfortunate. I guess they must imagine that everyone wants to wear his headset all the time or disconnect it from bluetooth every time he takes it off. If this is the case, then how do I encourage a fix to this issue?
    11-09-2019 09:13 PM
    I've never used any Xiaomi device so I don't know what kind of options you get for your Bluetooth devices. Just in case, go to the settings screen where you can see the list of paired devices, look for a cog/settings icon for each one of them and see what options are there.
    11-10-2019 05:19 PM
    I've never used any Xiaomi device so I don't know what kind of options you get for your Bluetooth devices. Just in case, go to the settings screen where you can see the list of paired devices, look for a cog/settings icon for each one of them and see what options are there.
    I believe OP using Moto Z4
    11-10-2019 05:40 PM
    I believe OP using Moto Z4
    Yes but that was an old post by a guest that never came back. The new member is asking about a Xiaomi model.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-10-2019 05:44 PM
    Yes but that was an old post by a guest that never came back. The new member is asking about a Xiaomi model.
    Oh ok
    11-10-2019 05:49 PM
    I think I've figured it out. I took Javier's clue and went into the Bluetooth settings specific to the connection for the headset. I pressed the little arrow to the right of the device name which took me to an options screen. There, aside from being given the option to rename and/or unpair the device, there were three additional options: 1) Phone calls, 2) Media audio, 3) Contact sharing. Both 1 & 2 were defaulted to "on" So I turned off 2) Media audio. Then, I connected my bluetooth headset and sent myself an email via my desktop. This time, while connected to the bluetooth headset, I was still able to hear the email notification come through on my phone. Success! I hope this will be a permanent fix to my issue. Thank you for the help!
    11-10-2019 10:32 PM