My phn is gionee phone storage is full how can moves apps to sd card
    08-12-2019 07:03 AM
    By formatting the card as internal storage if that can be done on your phone. https://www.androidcentral.com/adoptable-storage

Register if you have more questions. https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    08-12-2019 07:45 AM
    To actually move the apps to an SD card formatted as Portable:

1. The app has to be compiled to be moveable. Many aren't.

2. Moving an app to the SD card moves each class separately, it doesn't move the app as a piece. Since Android looks in internal storage for apps, for each piece that's moved to the SD card, there's a link left in internal storage, pointing to where that piece is on the card. If the link is longer than the piece that was moved (which happens often), you lose space by moving the app.

3. Android apps have to keep their current state stored constantly, because Android can kill an app that's in the background without asking if it needs the space. When you "go back" to that app, Android tells it to load from storage (apps can only run in RAM in any computer) and pick up where it left off. An app that's constantly changing things, like a game in which the scenery can change without your doing anything, will be writing constantly. SD cards are rated in number of write cycles - it's huge, but it's not infinite. And if a game is writing its state 1,000 times per second, it adds up quickly. So the card goes bad.

Now you have a problem. Android thinks that the app is installed, so you can't just put another SD card in and install the app. (You can install updates, but you can't install an app that's already installed.) But you can't uninstall the app because uninstallation includes following the links to the card, then marking those areas "unused". But they're already marked unused on a new card. (And you can't uninstall the app on the old card, because the card went bad.)

So you have to do a factory reset. That wipes the entire phone.

Bottom line. If you have a phone with 8GB of storage (which is when adoptable storage was developed), and you plan on buying a larger phone soon, moving apps to the SD card might just give you enough free internal space to keep going for a week or two. But if you buy a 64GB phone, figuring that you can just add a 256GB card and have 384GB of storage, you'll be back here asking "what do I do now?" And there's nothing you can do but a factory reset.

Samsung hasn't made many good decisions, from my viewpoint (and I used to develop electronic communication systems, so I kind of have an idea, just by reading the specs, of where they took shortcuts they shouldn't have), but NOT implementing adoptable storage was one of their good decisions. (And one of Google's very few bad ones.)

So if I were you, I wouldn't.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-12-2019 04:17 PM