I know there's a lot of questions like this posted around the internet. It might annoy some of you and I'm sorry about that, I came here only because I've reached the limits of my expertise on phone scratches.

So basically, I've had my phone for 3 months now. Its Vivo V15 Pro, it says it has Corning Gorilla Glass (I also checked on Cornings website if my phone is listed their and it is), but it doesn't specify. I also have this NanoFixit Liquid Screen Protector installed, I've had it on my last phone and it works, it protects the screen from coins and keys and its hydrophobic aswell. Then, just today I dropped my phone about neck high (I've dropped my phone before and there's no marks not even micro scratches, also im 5"6), and look what I find, a cobweb scratch on the corner of the screen deep enough to cause "rainbow" color to appear in the scratch. It can be felt by fingernails only. I'm very cautious to my phone, I've been taking care of it more than myself, cleaning it, making sure it doesn't have any fingerprint on the screen after I use it. Then this happens, it just triggers me so much that I'm even considering to get a screen replacement. But I know there's a cheaper way and I need anybody who reads this posts help. Thank you.
    08-13-2019 06:14 AM
    That sounds more like a fracture than a scratch. The rainbow colours are interference fringes between the two surfaces inside the thickness of the glass. Because the gap between the surfaces is so small, you could probably not fill it with any liquid, which in any case would have to be of the same refractive index of the glass, and therefore viscous.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    Kodak2 likes this.
    08-13-2019 07:23 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! A 5 foot drop is pretty high. If it dropped on a hard surface, I wouldn't be surprised that it got scratched or the glass shattered, regardless of the protection you applied.
    08-13-2019 10:53 PM
    Hi, I'm the same person, I just created an account. As belodion said, I think it is a fracture. Also yes it hitted surface. Is there a way to remove it?
    08-14-2019 01:26 AM
    You can't remove a crack in the glass. All you can do is replace the glass, unfortunately.
    Kodak2 likes this.
    08-14-2019 01:40 AM