Hello. Does an android system similar to a cell phone(GPS, accelerometer, Compass, wifi, bluetooth, etc), but powered directly from wall (without battery) exist? Looking for something like a raspberry pi, but has all the sensors built in and able to run android.

Thank you.
    08-13-2019 10:49 PM
    Hello. Does an android system similar to a cell phone(GPS, accelerometer, Compass, wifi, bluetooth, etc), but powered directly from wall (without battery) exist? Looking for something like a raspberry pi, but has all the sensors built in and able to run android.

Thank you.
    Hi, welcome to the forums!
    So what are you trying to achieve?
    someone5328375 likes this.
    08-13-2019 11:18 PM
    Hello.

I run a few small projects from home (using the android OS), and used to run them on an old cell phone. After a few months, the battery expanded and popped off the back plate. I would like to continue working on my projects, and use android for this. I don't trust a replacement phone, and worry it could start a fire if I'm away from home. Looking to use a SBC, similar to a raspberry pi, but all the sensors are integrated inside, and runs off a wall outlet. Raspberry Pi's require additional hardware, and installation. A cellphone works exactly for what I need, but has a battery that I don't like.
    08-13-2019 11:26 PM
    Hello.

I run a few small projects from home (using the android OS), and used to run them on an old cell phone. After a few months, the battery expanded and popped off the back plate. I would like to continue working on my projects, and use android for this. I don't trust a replacement phone, and worry it could start a fire if I'm away from home. Looking to use a SBC, similar to a raspberry pi, but all the sensors are integrated inside, and runs off a wall outlet. Raspberry Pi's require additional hardware, and installation. A cellphone works exactly for what I need, but has a battery that I don't like.
    Ok , let me get you in the correct forum to get better feedback.
    someone5328375 likes this.
    08-13-2019 11:30 PM
    Thank you.
    08-14-2019 12:22 AM
    Thank you.
    Your welcome !
    08-14-2019 12:34 AM
    Not commonly - Android wasn't built for that kind of environment. (It's used in Android TV boxes because a lot of the "TV" part of the work was already done in Android.) Bluetooth and WiFi you might find, but GPS no (unless you add one of the cheap available-all-over-the-internet GPS receivers. Accelerometer, no, If it's plugged in, it's not normally going to be picked up. Compass also no, because if it's plugged in, you know where you are. (GPS, if you know your precise - as opposed to GPS-reported - location, you can transmit constant error indication.

But a Raspberry Pi would probably be best. Get an 8GB Pi (when they're released) and start learning Python.
    08-14-2019 01:55 PM
    Sounds like a Raspberry Pi is the way to go. Thank you for the response.

My understand is while laptops are plugged in, they bypass the battery, while cell phones require a battery to smooth out the amp demands. Seems odd that they are designed so differently.
    08-14-2019 03:08 PM