I have had this problem on two different phones now. I had an alcatel fierce 4 (I deleted all my data off that phone when I got a new one) and everything was fine, but then started force closing constantly. I got a LG Aristo 2 which is the one I've been using now and gmail is still force closing for no reason. I've restarted my phone, disabled and reinstalled the app, uninstalled updates, cleared apps and data, I also went into 'safe mode' and it force closed there as well. I created a temporary fake account to see if something was wrong and it still force closed. I have plenty of space on my phone, but nothing works. Anyone have any ideas?
    08-14-2019 03:01 AM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    08-14-2019 09:11 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you have an SD card inserted? If so, Unmount it and remove it, and see if the problem persists.
    08-14-2019 12:21 PM
    Have u updated gmail?
    08-14-2019 12:25 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you have an SD card inserted? If so, Unmount it and remove it, and see if the problem persists.
    I've done that multiple times and no avail.
    08-18-2019 04:28 AM
    Have u updated gmail?
    Yes. I've also cleared cache, cleared data, uninstalled updates, reinstalled updates, disabled Gmail, enabled Gmail, logged out of Gmail, logged back in, tried another account, but it still stops and force closes.
    08-18-2019 04:33 AM
    Make sure Chrome is up to date. If it already is and the problem persists, then try the opposite and uninstall all updates to Chrome. The reason I suggest this is that Chrome also takes care of the Android System Webview functionality in Nougat and above, and sometimes updates to Chrome can cause glitches in certain devices.
    08-18-2019 01:33 PM
    Make sure Chrome is up to date. If it already is and the problem persists, then try the opposite and uninstall all updates to Chrome. The reason I suggest this is that Chrome also takes care of the Android System Webview functionality in Nougat and above, and sometimes updates to Chrome can cause glitches in certain devices.
    I've done this too because I had an issue with Chrome previously that I fixed, but unfortunately it didn't help Gmail.
    08-18-2019 05:44 PM
    I went ahead and did this to see if maybe the newest update would have an effect, but even after uninstalling the updates. Gmail still forced closed.
    08-18-2019 05:58 PM
    I went ahead and did this to see if maybe the newest update would have an effect, but even after uninstalling the updates. Gmail still forced closed.
    Are you restricting any permission for the app?
    08-18-2019 08:28 PM
    Are you restricting any permission for the app?
    No. I'm not. Everything is turned on. Storage was turned off, but I turned it on. I went back to gmail to see if that was the problem, but it still force closed with the message. "Gmail has stopped." This has been the message that pops up every time it force closes. I forgot to mention that in my original post.
    08-18-2019 08:48 PM
    No. I'm not. Everything is turned on. Storage was turned off, but I turned it on. I went back to gmail to see if that was the problem, but it still force closed with the message. "Gmail has stopped." This has been the message that pops up every time it force closes. I forgot to mention that in my original post.
    Then only thing I can recommend is factory reset see what happens . Just make sure you back up your stuff.
    08-18-2019 08:50 PM
    Do you have another Google account you can try setting the phone up with? Just wondering if there's something stuck in your primary Gmail account that's causing it to glitch (although I've never heard of this happening before).
    08-19-2019 02:03 AM
    Then only thing I can recommend is factory reset see what happens . Just make sure you back up your stuff.
    I've already tried that as well.
    08-19-2019 04:13 PM
    Do you have another Google account you can try setting the phone up with? Just wondering if there's something stuck in your primary Gmail account that's causing it to glitch (although I've never heard of this happening before).
    Yes, and I've tried that. No matter what account I try to use, it still happens.
    08-19-2019 04:15 PM
    Sorry, not sure what else to try. It may be that the firmware has become corrupt somehow. I'm not sure how easy it is to reinstall the firmware on that phone.
    08-19-2019 04:50 PM