I have asked in before days about my stolen note 9 (android pie) .. and thanks for users for their help .. I wanted to ask how many times could the thief try on my phone pin lock screen ? and after applying multiple wrong pins what will happen ?
    08-15-2019 02:25 PM
    I have asked in before days about my stolen note 9 (android pie) .. and thanks for users for their help .. I wanted to ask how many times could the thief try on my phone pin lock screen ? and after applying multiple wrong pins what will happen ?
    It will prompt you after certain time to enter again then after probably sign into your google account to get in .
    08-15-2019 02:29 PM
    If you toggle on the setting of the os, it's 15. The play store has 3rd party apps that allow this value to be changed.
    08-15-2019 02:52 PM
    thanks for reply guys .. i didnt enable this .. what happens in default status .. ??!! will the mobile lock or what will happen ?
    08-15-2019 03:01 PM
    thanks for reply guys .. i didnt enable this .. what happens in default status .. ??!! will the mobile lock or what will happen ?
    It wont let you in that's all
    08-15-2019 03:10 PM
    Unfortunately, the theif will have unlimited attempts.
    Did you set up a Samsung account? Log in and lock your phone through the Samsung portal.
    At the least, call your carrier and get it in the system as stolen. This should make it scrap value, though your data may be exposed. Change all your passwords. Enable 2fa for your new phone. Good luck
    08-15-2019 03:11 PM
    thanks in advance <3 ... How many percentage that they can go through the phone ? its 5 pins number code complicated 5 .. I am just askin as curiosity
    08-15-2019 03:14 PM
    thanks in advance <3 ... How many percentage that they can go through the phone ? its 5 pins number code complicated 5 .. I am just askin as curiosity
    Unless they are Dustin Hoffman from "Rain Man" slim to none chance
    Drkisame likes this.
    08-15-2019 03:18 PM
    9,999 possibilities.
    Drkisame likes this.
    08-15-2019 03:46 PM
    Your typical opportunistic thief will have, in the immortal words of Inspector Clouseau, the brain of a minkey (monkey). So they're not going to sit down and go through every possible combination. They might try to factory reset it, in which case they'll encounter Factory Reset Protection (where the phone asks for your Google or Samsung account/password). At that point, they'll probably try to sell it, and any buyer with an ounce of sense would make sure they can actually boot it up and set it up before handing over any money, and since they wouldn't be able to, the sale wouldn't go through (and hopefully they'd alert the police about possible stolen merchandise).

Bottom line, your important data is safe, but it might be hard to actually get the phone back.
    mustang7757 and Drkisame like this.
    08-15-2019 05:51 PM
    Your typical opportunistic thief will have, in the immortal words of Inspector Clouseau, the brain of a minkey (monkey). So they're not going to sit down and go through every possible combination. They might try to factory reset it, in which case they'll encounter Factory Reset Protection (where the phone asks for your Google or Samsung account/password). At that point, they'll probably try to sell it, and any buyer with an ounce of sense would make sure they can actually boot it up and set it up before handing over any money, and since they wouldn't be able to, the sale wouldn't go through (and hopefully they'd alert the police about possible stolen merchandise).

Bottom line, your important data is safe, but it might be hard to actually get the phone back.
    Most likely sell it to cell phone repair shops for parts , very common.
    B. Diddy and Drkisame like this.
    08-15-2019 11:45 PM