My phone does what I think are auto updates a couple times a week around 3am. I'm often woken by light clicking sounds that last a minute or so. I lay it on the carpeted floor under my bed, to dampen the noise a bit but it still wakes me. I have keyboard sounds turned off. Evenso, when prompted to enter my pin on starting the phone, that creates the same clicking noise. Any suggestions how to silence this nightly intrusion?
    08-15-2019 05:50 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums
    I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.
    I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    My phone does what I think are auto updates a couple times a week around 3am. I'm often woken by light clicking sounds that last a minute or so. I lay it on the carpeted floor under my bed, to dampen the noise a bit but it still wakes me. I have keyboard sounds turned off. Evenso, when prompted to enter my pin on starting the phone, that creates the same clicking noise. Any suggestions how to silence this nightly intrusion?
    08-15-2019 06:24 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you looked at the phone at 3 AM to see what it's actually doing? If it's updating, there should be some indication that it's updating.
    08-15-2019 11:59 PM
    It should also notify you that the software has been updated
    08-16-2019 05:14 AM
    Yup. Sounds like someone's dreaming.
    And updates a couple of times a week?
    08-16-2019 05:41 AM
    OP might be referring to app updates?
    08-16-2019 12:33 PM
    Could be.
    OP, open the play store, go to the Settings, and turn off auto update of apps.
    08-16-2019 12:47 PM
    You also get app update confirmations so they should be displaying
    08-16-2019 02:54 PM
    Thanks. I am the OP and since posting my question have now created an account. I do believe they could be app updates but I've never fished my phone from under the bed when the clicking wakes me to check, preferring instead to bury my head under the blanket til it stops.

I have now followed the advice to turn off auto updates via the app store and will see if that does the trick.

For more clarity, after the clicking, the phone turns itself off and I need to turn it on in the morning and enter my password. However there's never been any notification of an update having been performed.
    08-17-2019 10:36 PM
    Thanks. I am the OP and since posting my question have now created an account. I do believe they could be app updates but I've never fished my phone from under the bed when the clicking wakes me to check, preferring instead to bury my head under the blanket til it stops.

I have now followed the advice to turn off auto updates via the app store and will see if that does the trick.

For more clarity, after the clicking, the phone turns itself off and I need to turn it on in the morning and enter my password. However there's never been any notification of an update having been performed.
    Hi, welcome!
    Ok let us know how you make out with the suggestions.
    08-17-2019 10:45 PM
    Do you have Auto-Restart scheduled? https://www.techjunkie.com/how-to-sc...alaxy-s8-plus/
    08-18-2019 12:44 PM