I know, it probably sounds like a dumb question, on many levels, but I've always struggled with battery life on my phones. I currently have a Note 9 and generally get 5 to 6 hours of screen on time, it being a mix of YouTube, chrome, email, texts, photos and video. My bluetooth is always on because of my fitness band, location is high accuracy, AOD is always on, 30-50% brightness and screen resolution is maxed out...because what's the point of having great specs if you don't use them, right? Anyway, taking all these into account, I unplug it 6AM and generally plug in at around 11PM with single digits left on my battery.

Anyway, with all that being said, I'm curious as to whether I can get more utility and at the same time save battery life from my main phone by allocating some tasks like YouTube and web browsing to a secondary phone.
    08-17-2019 09:03 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    08-17-2019 09:24 PM
    Those are not numbers for SOT , which carrier you have?
    08-17-2019 09:25 PM
    Hi Mustang7757, I signed up for an account.

As for my provider, I have t-mobile
    08-17-2019 09:37 PM
    Hi Mustang7757, I signed up for an account.

As for my provider, I have t-mobile
    Hi, welcome!
    Are you looking for ways to improve it?
    08-17-2019 09:45 PM
    I'm just wondering what sucks up more juice, having my daily driver screen off and using hotspot with a secondary phone for things like web browsing and YouTube, or just sticking with a single phone to do everything. Would it be worth it, battery-wise, to delegate some tasks to another phone.
    08-17-2019 11:11 PM
    I'm just wondering what sucks up more juice, having my daily driver screen off and using hotspot with a secondary phone for things like web browsing and YouTube, or just sticking with a single phone to do everything. Would it be worth it, battery-wise, to delegate some tasks to another phone.
    Why not try both ways and see what happens?
    08-18-2019 04:06 AM
    Why not try both ways and see what happens?
    Well if no one has an answer, then I guess that's what I have to do. I just figured I'd try the forums first, save myself days of testing and get right to the answer.
    08-18-2019 09:28 AM
    Well if no one has an answer, then I guess that's what I have to do. I just figured I'd try the forums first, save myself days of testing and get right to the answer.
    Actually there is no simple answer because there are other variables within screen time or hotspot. It depends on what you're doing with screen time or the hotspot.
    08-18-2019 09:33 AM
    True. Here are the two scenarios I'm thinking:

Scenario 1:
    Note 9 screen off, mobile hotspot on. Secondary phone on, browsing web, YouTube, emails, music. At the end of the day, assuming I haven't used the Note 9's screen for those purposes, how much battery can I/will I save versus...

Scenario 2:
    Not using a secondary phone and simply using the Note 9 as intended.

Here are some screen shots of my battery last night. Just wondering if there's a way to essentially stretch my available screen on time (and justify getting a secondary phone ;P)
    Attached Thumbnails What drains more battery, hotspot or screen time?-screenshot_20190817-213342_settings.jpg   What drains more battery, hotspot or screen time?-screenshot_20190817-213345_settings.jpg   What drains more battery, hotspot or screen time?-screenshot_20190817-213359_device-care.jpg   What drains more battery, hotspot or screen time?-screenshot_20190817-213406_device-care.jpg   What drains more battery, hotspot or screen time?-screenshot_20190817-213413_device-care.jpg  

08-18-2019 10:00 AM
    True. Here are the two scenarios I'm thinking:

Scenario 1:
    Note 9 screen off, mobile hotspot on. Secondary phone on, browsing web, YouTube, emails, music. At the end of the day, assuming I haven't used the Note 9's screen for those purposes, how much battery can I/will I save versus...

Scenario 2:
    Not using a secondary phone and simply using the Note 9 as intended.

Here are some screen shots of my battery last night. Just wondering if there's a way to essentially stretch my available screen on time (and justify getting a secondary phone ;P)
    I think I know someone can help you out more @Rukbat see what he can suggest
    08-18-2019 12:02 PM
    Thank you, Mustang. I'll shoot him a message and pick his brain. I appreciate your help
    08-18-2019 12:05 PM
    Thank you, Mustang. I'll shoot him a message and pick his brain. I appreciate your help
    He will respond here no need to message,very knowledgeable person.
    08-18-2019 12:11 PM
    Thank you, mustang, but just experienced.

The hotspot uses battery, so add that to the total usage. But ... using 2 phones and splitting the tasks between them is like having a small secondary battery running on a single phone - you get a bit more time between charges, but not much.

Personally, I think it's easier to carry a pocket-sized 10,000mAh power pack, and use one phone. I have one on my belt and one right in front of me on the desk that I could grab if I'm going to be out for a while, but I've never done that. I also have a power pack on the desk, and I always grab that if I'm going to be out for a while. (Besides, the power pack [[Review] - Coocheer® 7500mAh Rugged Water Resistant Power Bank (not available any longer, unfortunately)] is almost break-proof. I wouldn't drive a tank over it, but calling it ruggedized is an insult. If something happens to it while it's in my pocket, I've lost that leg. It would take that much to damage the power pack. And it fits into my pocket. Drop that second phone and ... who knows?)
    mustang7757 likes this.
    08-18-2019 01:06 PM
    Occam's Razor to the rescue. It makes sense to just carry a power bank. I guess there goes my excuse to try out the Ulefone Power 6, haha. Thanks guys.
    08-18-2019 02:21 PM