Hey!

I recently upgraded my OS to 6.0.1 because I wanted to use my SD card as internal storage. I immediately noticed that the battery was stuck to 78% even though I was charging for few hours. I thought this was just a bug since when I charged again later that day, it reached about 93%. Fast forward to this day, my phone is only at 80% and won't go beyond that.

I have tried discharging my phone and charging it up then after few hours I checked my phone and it says "Temperature too high, cannot fully charge the phone" even though it was turned off.

Here are the details for my phone:
    Phone model: OPPO F1f
    Android Version: 6.0.1
    Years of usage: 2 years

If you need more details, I am happy to comply.

I hope you can help me for this problem. Thanks a lot!
    08-19-2019 07:57 AM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    08-19-2019 07:58 AM
    Have you tried different charger ? Maybe even monitor it in safe mode see if still happens.
    08-19-2019 07:59 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Was this an official system update pushed over-the-air, or did you download an update file from some website and install it manually?
    08-19-2019 01:08 PM
    Hello! OP here. I have tried using a different charger but it's still the same. I'll try monitoring over safe mode later and see what happens.
    I manually updated the phone. I was too tempted by the feature that allows the user to use SD cards as internal storage.
    The problem still persists if the phone was on and is charging. If I turn off the phone and let it charge, the battery reaches up to 100% no problem.
    08-19-2019 11:44 PM
    Hello! OP here. I have tried using a different charger but it's still the same. I'll try monitoring over safe mode later and see what happens.
    I manually updated the phone. I was too tempted by the feature that allows the user to use SD cards as internal storage.
    The problem still persists if the phone was on and is charging. If I turn off the phone and let it charge, the battery reaches up to 100% no problem.
    Hi, welcome
    You flashed the update?
    08-20-2019 12:09 AM
    I downloaded a rom and then installed it on my phone.
    08-20-2019 01:07 AM
    Are you certain it was intended for your exact model/variant? Is it a custom ROM, or an official ROM from Oppo? If it's a custom ROM, or an official ROM that was intended for a different variant, then bugs like this might occur.
    08-20-2019 01:36 AM
    Pretty sure it's an official rom from oppo. I saw it here https://forum.xda-developers.com/opp...-beta-t3584798.
    08-20-2019 01:41 AM
    Pretty sure it's from the official oppo guys and it's for the model of my phone.

Currently trying to monitor the charging in safe mode. I'll tell you guys if something happens
    08-20-2019 02:04 AM
    Update: Battery drains when it's on safe mode even though it's supposed to be charging. Huh.
    08-20-2019 02:11 AM
    This is a common problem and is a result of your iPhone's battery's calibration. To fix this, follow the steps below:

Step 1) Restart your iPhone by holding down the home button and the sleep/wake button at the same time.

Step 2) Use the phone until the battery runs down to 0% and shuts itself off. Then charge it all the way up to 100%. This will calibrate the battery, but only do this about once a month.

Step 3) When the charging icon changes to fully charged and it is not at 100% yet, simply unplugging the device and then replugging it in will allow it to charge up to 100%.

Step 4) Restore your iPhone using this guide here.

Step 5) Finally, sometimes with new hardware, it takes a few days/weeks to correctly calibrate the battery. You should notice that after a few weeks, the battery readouts will be more accurate and be charged fully up to 100%.
    08-20-2019 04:13 AM
    This is a common problem and is a result of your iPhone's battery's calibration. To fix this, follow the steps below:

Step 1) Restart your iPhone by holding down the home button and the sleep/wake button at the same time.

Step 2) Use the phone until the battery runs down to 0% and shuts itself off. Then charge it all the way up to 100%. This will calibrate the battery, but only do this about once a month.

Step 3) When the charging icon changes to fully charged and it is not at 100% yet, simply unplugging the device and then replugging it in will allow it to charge up to 100%.

Step 4) Restore your iPhone using this guide here.

Step 5) Finally, sometimes with new hardware, it takes a few days/weeks to correctly calibrate the battery. You should notice that after a few weeks, the battery readouts will be more accurate and be charged fully up to 100%.

I did not have a good result on this. I tried draining the battery as you said and charged it up. The problem is that the battery won't charge after a certain point. The screen would just say "Temperature too high, cannot charge etc etc" even though the phone was not on a hot area nor powered on. I have tried plugging it out then in again but then it greets me with the same error.
    08-20-2019 04:37 AM
    I was going to suggest wiping the cache partition, but I'm not sure that's possible on your phone. You might want to try a factory reset instead: https://www.hardreset.info/devices/o...-first-method/
    08-20-2019 11:27 AM
    I was going to suggest wiping the cache partition, but I'm not sure that's possible on your phone. You might want to try a factory reset instead: https://www.hardreset.info/devices/o...-first-method/
    Tried this method. Not sure if it works. I'll post update later
    08-21-2019 05:48 PM
    I tried simply changing charger cords. I bought one yesterday from their official store and had it diagnosed. The phone charged there up to 100%. When I got home, I tried charging yet again. It charged up to 100%. This morning when I checked, the problem still persists.

I have observed one thing though. Below the home screen where it says "Charged", the battery charges up to 100% when the text there says "Charging (xx hours xx minutes) remaining" or something along those lines.

Attachment 307547Attachment 307546
    08-21-2019 05:56 PM