This has been happening for a few days now and i dont know why. i keep hearing a notification sound every now and then but when i expand my notifications, nothing shows up which is really annoying, especially when i'm just about to fall asleep and can hear my phone going "beep, beep!" every time, trying to study, and doing everyday things. i have to keep putting my phone on do not disturb or silent but i cant beacause i receive important messages from my mum or dad and i'm still a student so i cant allow calls or text messages as an exception.

please help!
    08-21-2019 08:51 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Does it persist if you turn of NFC?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    08-21-2019 09:13 AM
    You have some app set up with that sound, but with notifications disabled, so you hear the sound, but don't see anything. You're going to have to check every one of your apps until you find the one that's set up that way. (It's maddening, but it's the only way, there's no app to find "the app with a notification sound but no notifications".)
    08-21-2019 02:36 PM