I have an almost brand new Galaxy note 9. I am getting relentless pop UPS! I went in to an AT&T store and all they did was swap out a sim card and lose half of my very important saved voicemails! To boot, that only took almost three hours!! I am not Tech savvy at all but I'm willing to try with detailed guidance, a step by step series of events [if someone can explain it to me...]
    TIA!!
    08-22-2019 01:49 PM
    Welcome.

Can we start with what kinds of pop ups they are? Ad pop ups are handled differently from system pop ups indicating an app has crashed.
    LeeeeVeeee likes this.
    08-22-2019 02:00 PM
    Thank you. Games and ads...
    08-22-2019 07:53 PM
    Welcome to the forums. This guide can help you to identify which app is pushing those ads.
    08-22-2019 07:58 PM
    It's a bit mind-boggling to me that the AT&T rep thought the best idea to get rid of pop-up ads was to swap the SIM.

Voicemails are usually saved to your voicemail system in the carrier's server, rather than on the SIM card. You couldn't access those voicemails there (i.e., when you call into your voicemail system and listen to the saved voicemails there)?
    08-23-2019 01:58 AM
    That is the absolute 1st thing they do with anybody that walks in the store. Swap out the SIM card step number 1. Theyll tell you that over and over again.
    It wasn't about the voicemails at 1st period I went in there because a pop UPS. Once they changed the SIM card, I noticed that I had lost my ability to get into my voicemails. That was 1st period then, secondlie, I realized that once I did get into my voicemails I had lost a bunch of the older ones which was extremely frustrating because there were a lot of important information in their. They don't care. They absolutely f******* suck. It's the worst customer service you will ever receive in your life! I promise you that period although come to think of it, you'll probly never have to go in there
    08-23-2019 12:07 PM
    It's a bit mind-boggling to me that the AT&T rep thought the best idea to get rid of pop-up ads was to swap the SIM.

Voicemails are usually saved to your voicemail system in the carrier's server, rather than on the SIM card. You couldn't access those voicemails there (i.e., when you call into your voicemail system and listen to the saved voicemails there)?
    not really mind boggling to me. It is like with computers, you start getting a lot of popups because of some malware, most techs will tell you to reformat when they can go in and fix the problem. Why don't they just fix the problem. It is very time consuming to find and get rid of them.

Generally it is the same as replacing the sims card. Most reps do not work for at$t. they work for a third party company whether they are based in the US or overseas. It is still time consuming to fix the problem and those reps are on a standard. If calls are too long, they get written up or fired. so they tend to fix problems the easy way when possible. There used to be an at$t call center in my area. You would be amazed at the number of people that were fired because they took time to actually help their customers.
    08-23-2019 12:22 PM
    Too bad all of us here who actually find solutions don't get a cut of those support teams' salaries!
    08-23-2019 12:56 PM
    Okay. Ummm... so how do I get rid of these pop ups crippling my phone? Obviously I'm not going to spend 4 hours on the phone to end up nowhere anyway… can somebody please help me as this is what this forum is for correct? Thanks again everyone in advance.
    08-25-2019 12:55 PM
    Did you click on the link embedded in Javier P's post no. 4? That's his guide on how to find the culprit causing popups.
    08-25-2019 01:00 PM
    Okay. Ummm... so how do I get rid of these pop ups crippling my phone? Obviously I'm not going to spend 4 hours on the phone to end up nowhere anyway… can somebody please help me as this is what this forum is for correct? Thanks again everyone in advance.
    We already did. You need to identify which app is causing those pop ups. Some of them are easily pinned using the recent apps overview or the Play Store, others are sneakier and you need to check your running services or memory usage. Please, see the guide I linked above for more details.
    08-26-2019 05:19 AM
    For future reference, you should have kept that SIM card. Not only is it yours, it also contains some of your personal information.
    Good luck
    08-26-2019 05:26 AM
    For future reference, you should have kept that SIM card. Not only is it yours, it also contains some of your personal information.
    Good luck
    Man! How do these AT&T reps get jobs???! They just don't care! Nobody at the AT&T Store said ANYTHING about that! They just said they would throw it away.
    08-26-2019 01:38 PM
    Man! How do these AT&T reps get jobs???! They just don't care! Nobody at the AT&T Store said ANYTHING about that! They just said they would throw it away.
    Probably, after they read your incoming SMS.
    I suggest a couple of seconds in a microwave oven if you need to dispose of any digital media.
    For a hard drive, add a hammer.
    08-26-2019 02:18 PM