We use a Samsung Galaxy Tab A as our store computer (card swipes, research, orders, price checks). We rely heavily on Walmart's excellent app for scanning barcodes.

Our tablet recently had the screen shattered so we received a new [identical] replacement and transferred the data / apps / settings via SD card.

Everything worked fine until we activated Codeproof Mobile Device Management (used previously as well, third party web security.) Now the scanner app just shows a black screen regardless of camera permissions. Walmart app works fine otherwise, including typed barcode entries.

We've tried installing other versions, both earlier and later updates.

Seems this app is troublesome in Android, based on other complaints I see online...

Is there any way to troubleshoot something like this?!

FRUSTRATED😫😡
    08-22-2019 03:34 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    08-22-2019 03:53 PM
    The first thing you need to try is the OEM camera app to verify the camera is actually working. If not, try it again in safe mode to make sure no third party apps are interfering with it. If it's not working even in safe mode then it's most likely a hardware fault and need replacing (yes, again). I would be even more suspect of this being a hardware issue if this current tablet is a refurbished unit, as the quality control checks on them are hit and miss.
    08-22-2019 04:09 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried calling Codeproof's hotline? https://www.codeproof.com/company/contact-us/
    08-23-2019 07:57 PM