How do I stop stalkerware?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am seeing flickering, strobe light flashing on my walls. People around me know things about me that are completely impossible. I am definitely being spyed on via my cell camera, sms texts and calls. I am unable to find the hidden app or what hidden app/s this individual has installed on my phone. This has been going on for a while and I know that my so called friends know but refuse to tell me. I've done factory resets on my cell, changed passwords to my accounts but this person is very clever and sees everything I do via my phone. Any help greatly appreciated in advance

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Why do you think flickering strobe lights mean you're being spied upon? Maybe you have flickering light bulbs that need to be replaced. I see that all the time.

Do you share a lot of your life on social media? The average person overshares, and it can be pretty easy for anyone following to know what's happening in their lives and where they are, sometimes even to the hour or minute.

Sorry, but the vagueness of your situation makes it pretty difficult to offer any solutions. If you're really concerned, consider changing from a smartphone to a flipphone.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the others, and it should also be noted that it's rather hard to hack an Android phone, especially to be so thorough as to spy on calls. Apps can not download themselves, you have to approve any app installation. Unless you've been giving other people unfettered physical access to your phone, the chances of them hacking and spying on you are slim to none. This could be something as simple as you checking into a location on Facebook, one of your friends seeing that, then commenting to you in person.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and if you still seriously feel you're being stalked and spied upon, go to the police. Those activities are illegal, but don't be surprised if they come to the same conclusions we are.

Last edited:

Brooks Dale

Aug 23, 2019
Visit site
mustang, I read the thread in the link. I have turned off all lights and still have the flickering. This individual is very clever. Everytime I have a certain friend over is when the flickering starts but it's only when I text this friend to come over. We hear this loud vehicle outside but by the time we are able to get to the window it is leaving and so far we have been to slow to catch who it is. The vehicle is red though. Calls are also being monitered as well. We know this phone has some type of key logger on it and live viewing remote software by the way the loud car drives around the parking lot burning rubber. I have factory reset this phone several times without saving anything. Would buying a new sim card fix this issue?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
mustang, I read the thread in the link. I have turned off all lights and still have the flickering. This individual is very clever. Everytime I have a certain friend over is when the flickering starts but it's only when I text this friend to come over. We hear this loud vehicle outside but by the time we are able to get to the window it is leaving and so far we have been to slow to catch who it is. The vehicle is red though. Calls are also being monitered as well. We know this phone has some type of key logger on it and live viewing remote software by the way the loud car drives around the parking lot burning rubber. I have factory reset this phone several times without saving anything. Would buying a new sim card fix this issue?
I'm not sure what to do in your case, if i was in that situation report to the authorities.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I highly doubt this has anything to do with your phone being hacked. The kind of hacking you're worried about requires a high level of technical sophistication, and the average schmoe doesn't have it.

But as I mentioned before, if you're convinced your smartphone has been hacked, consider switching to a flipphone.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, but this just doesn't pass the smell test. Go back and read what you've written so far.

You claim people know things about you but haven't provided any indication on how you came to that conclusion. People overshare all sorts of private info right out in the open for all to see.

You claim to know hidden apps are on your phone but have no evidence of it, and it's already been explained why that isn't possible.

So far, the only evidence you've provided that makes you think you're being stalked is some flickering lights and a car doing donuts or whatever in a parking lot. Neither of which make any sense at all, and stalkers/hackers wouldn't make themselves so noticeable.

If this were a true stalking concern, your first course of action should be to go to the police, but it sounds like you haven't done that at all.

Unless there's a lot more to this than you are telling us, there isn't much else we can do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781