Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the 3G connection on my phone. I don't know if it's a software or an hardware problem.

So, I mainly use my 3G connection with wifi tethering (my laptop is connected to my phone hotspot). Regularly, I lose connection on my laptop. On firefox, the message in the status bar stays on "Looking for www.google.com" or "Connecting to www.google.com", for example. When that happens, the 3G connection on my phone appears to be still active, with the arrows indicating upload and download in the android status bar, but if I try to use the android browser, I have the same problem (the website is unreachable). I have to disable the data connection on my phone and then re-enable it so I can use it again.

I have another problem which is not my priority but may be linked to my main problem : sometimes (I don't know what determines that), if my phones battery is not charging, I lose wifi connection to my phone (when it's tethering).

My phone is quite old (Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S), but the battery still works fine, and my android is also an old one : 4.0.4. It's not rooted and it's not a custom rom.

If someone has an idea of where the problem could come from, It'd be great...
    08-25-2019 01:33 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! What kinds of 3G speeds does the phone get? 3G is pretty slow these days, so it's possible the browsers are timing out due to the slow speeds.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    08-25-2019 02:22 PM