I found my phone...but it's not my phone.

vd2kilcm

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Installed "Find my Phone" on a new phone today. Worked like a charm...it found me sitting on the throne. It didn't find it's predecessor. It was on, and connected to WiFi, but the Sim card wasn't installed, so that might have been it. That's not the interesting bit though. The interesting bit is that it found a phone that I haven't used in about 4 years, one that's sitting in a box in a shed, and won't even boot up anymore. "Find my Phone" says it's battery is fully charged and is currently located about an hour and a half Southwest of the box in the shed its supposed to be in. How does this happen?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you certain Find My Device just actively found that old phone now​, or is it the last time you used Find My Device to locate that phone (perhaps a few years ago)? Does it say at what time Find My Device located that phone?

vd2kilcm

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Are you certain Find My Device just actively found that old phone now​, or is it the last time you used Find My Device to locate that phone (perhaps a few years ago)? Does it say at what time Find My Device located that phone?

Yeah...it says "Last seen just now". Aren't they identified by their IMEI? Isn't that supposed to be a unique identifier?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190826-231924.jpg
    Screenshot_20190826-231924.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 6