Nokia 1 Plus Android Pie Go - how to use sd card as internal storage

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Recently bought a Nokia 1 plus for my wife. I was aware that the internal storage was only 8gb but thought I could use 32gb sd card & make the phone use that instead.

As far as I can tell this doesn't seem possible. I've moved all the apps possible to the sd card (which was less than half) & then I noticed I couldn't change where photos could be saved. It's greyed out & stuck on the internal storage.

There is the migration tool but apparently this only works once. Is there no way to just set my sd card to internal storage?

Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If you you can move your apps onto the sd card you made it internal storage now (adaptable storage)
The problem with this is , your sd card is slower then internal storage and run into issues...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try formatting an SD card on the phone. If it asks you if you want to format it as Internal Storage or Portable Storage, then it supports Adoptable Storage. If you don't get that option, then it doesn't support Adoptable Storage (which means you can only use the card for storage of media files, documents, and some app data -- but not for app installation).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy