Samsung S8 Active no upgrade path plus case reccomendations

whitie iii

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I've just gotten the Samsung S8 Active for dad as an upgrade to his Samsung S7 Active not only for an upgrade to USB C (so everyone uses the same charging cable) but because it will give him improved signal quality (we live in poor signal area) but I'm wanting to know what is the best upgrade path to the S8 Active? Is the S9+ as tough as the Active line or do I have to get an off brand rugged phone like the Cat or Keyocera or something? I don't really want to have him experience a slow phone again... I might just do the S9+ when the S11 has been out for awhile and pair it with a OtterBox defender.. thoughts?

Also while I'm here has anyone have a reccomendation on an OtterBox defender style case for the S8 Active? Dad wants one but OtterBox doesn't make cases for the S8 Active

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I've just gotten the Samsung S8 Active for dad as an upgrade to his Samsung S7 Active not only for an upgrade to USB C (so everyone uses the same charging cable) but because it will give him improved signal quality (we live in poor signal area) but I'm wanting to know what is the best upgrade path to the S8 Active? Is the S9+ as tough as the Active line or do I have to get an off brand rugged phone like the Cat or Keyocera or something? I don't really want to have him experience a slow phone again... I might just do the S9+ when the S11 has been out for awhile and pair it with a OtterBox defender.. thoughts?

Also while I'm here has anyone have a reccomendation on an OtterBox defender style case for the S8 Active? Dad wants one but OtterBox doesn't make cases for the S8 Active
I use the S8 active and a 9plus.
The active is much more durable than the 9plus. Lots of good 8 active cases are available on Amazon. I don't use a case, since it is in a factory 'case' already, but I definitely use glass screen protectors.
Good luck

whitie iii

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I use the S8 active and a 9plus.
The active is much more durable than the 9plus. Lots of good 8 active cases are available on Amazon. I don't use a case, since it is in a factory 'case' already, but I definitely use glass screen protectors.
Good luck
Ok thanks! I'll have a look at them... You think an s9+ in an OtterBox defender would be as tough? As the S8 Active without any case? Dad always used his phone at work where it could break and wanted to extra protect it so that's why i got the OtterBox defender in the first place but now he's gotten so used to it that he wants it even though it's not required anymore

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Ok thanks! I'll have a look at them... You think an s9+ in an OtterBox defender would be as tough? As the S8 Active without any case? Dad always used his phone at work where it could break and wanted to extra protect it so that's why i got the OtterBox defender in the first place but now he's gotten so used to it that he wants it even though it's not required anymore
Nope

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad