Who is the receiver of my data from the spy app Phone Spector (aka: pivotmobile.android.metrics)?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I'm 90% sure I do know who reciever is, but I need 110% knowledge before confronting this person. It's a make or break decision of marrying and moving 1400 miles. Ok, hear goes.... I know the app was remotely downloaded Over the Air because of other apps that are installed to help that process. For ex; GNSS Air Test, Gnss Test 1.2, fused location, codeaurora.btmultisim, and mobile service app to install the spyware. From my understanding, all is needed is a phone number to where app is downloaded OTA. Here's the kicker... My phone is brand new and ONLY ONE PERSON has my #. You guessed it ...The Financee'. (With the help of his daughter-in-law). In fact, they are probably reading this now.
I have not texted, called, or even set my Google account up. The only activity is with him.
I see it had been "Forced to stop" but is still Installed. Can I access the dash board or IP address of receiver. I need to be 110% accurate before disclosing my knowledge. Thank you in advance to anyone's help.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Phone Spector seems to be spyware. What has been done is probably illegal, and in some countries a criminal offence. I don't know whether you can do what you ask.
Cancel the marriage and the move, but give no reason. See what the reaction is, then go on from there.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I believe pivotmobile.android.metrics is simply an ad metrics app that probably got installed as adware alongside some other app. I don't think that's the same as PhoneSpector -- what makes you convinced PhoneSpector is on your phone? The other system apps you mentioned like Fused Location are normal system apps.

I highly doubt your phone is "hacked." It takes a lot of tech know-how to truly hack a phone, and a good hacker's work wouldn't be noticed by you. There's a much higher likelihood that anyone could figure out a lot about your life simply based on what you share on social media.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay