Battery randomly dropped to 0% and wont charge

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a prepaid ATT Samsung device, if model is relevant I can provide.

So my phone is only a couple months old and the battery has been regularly lasting several days at a time, so no reason to suspect a battery issue.

However, today it was sitting around 25% but the next time i checked it it had died. I powered it back on and it turned on but displayed a 0% battery and died immediately. I have been charging it for about an hour and it wont go beyond 0% and dies if i unplug from the charger.

Again, the battery has shown no signs of dying and is pretty new so I suspect so kind of software or hardware issue.

Any ideas of what caused this and how to fix it?

Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which Samsung phone? Did you get it brand new, or refurbished/used?

Plug it into a wall outlet and let it charge for at least 6 hours undisturbed. Then press and hold Power for about 20 seconds to see if it turns on. If it doesn't, then the battery probably failed. If it's a refurb or used phone, then the battery may have been used heavily by the previous owner and was already on its way out when you got the phone (refurbishment doesn't mean they replace the battery). If it's a brand new phone, then the battery is probably defective -- you should be able to contact Samsung for warranty replacement in that case.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781