So I recently performed a master reset of my Samsung Galaxy S4 because it froze upon turning on and wouldn't go past the AT&T logo. Actually after I did the reset that still didn't work so I took it to a Phone Tech place and they rebooted and fixed my phone. Before all this my version was Android 5.0.1, and after the reset and fix my current Android version is now 4.4.2. I went to settings, About, then Software update and twice now I get the "Software search interrupted, try again in 24 hours, no update available at this time" notice. So how can I go about updating back to Android 5.0.1? Will I be able to do it myself in the software updates eventually? If not how can I go about updating back to Android 5.0.1?
    09-01-2019 09:38 PM
    So I recently performed a master reset of my Samsung Galaxy S4 because it froze upon turning on and wouldn't go past the AT&T logo. Actually after I did the reset that still didn't work so I took it to a Phone Tech place and they rebooted and fixed my phone. Before all this my version was Android 5.0.1, and after the reset and fix my current Android version is now 4.4.2. I went to settings, About, then Software update and twice now I get the "Software search interrupted, try again in 24 hours, no update available at this time" notice. So how can I go about updating back to Android 5.0.1? Will I be able to do it myself in the software updates eventually? If not how can I go about updating back to Android 5.0.1?
    Wait a few days see if it shows up or flash through Odin if file still available .
    09-01-2019 09:43 PM
    Thanks, ive heard of the Odin option and i'll take the time to learn it in case the update doesn't show up. Do you know whats the last Android version the S4 will support?
    09-01-2019 10:16 PM
    Thanks, ive heard of the Odin option and i'll take the time to learn it in case the update doesn't show up. Do you know whats the last Android version the S4 will support?
    That I'm not sure been a long time , can check xda forums ..your welcome!
    09-01-2019 11:04 PM
    Before you try flashing with Odin I would try updating from a computer using smart switch, seems to grab updates when over the air isn't working.
    09-02-2019 04:24 AM
    Before you try flashing with Odin I would try updating from a computer using smart switch, seems to grab updates when over the air isn't working.
    Thanks ill learn about that as well. It seems like something I could do but a part of me is thinking about taking my phone back to my repair people. They found the software to reboot my phone back to Kit Kat I'm sure they can find Lollipop. I'd hate to muck up the fix myself.

Also on my third attempt to update from Software Updates it's still unable to.
    09-02-2019 10:20 PM
    Thanks ill learn about that as well. It seems like something I could do but a part of me is thinking about taking my phone back to my repair people. They found the software to reboot my phone back to Kit Kat I'm sure they can find Lollipop. I'd hate to muck up the fix myself.

Also on my third attempt to update from Software Updates it's still unable to.
    Yeah, I agree there
    09-02-2019 10:25 PM
    Yeah, I agree there
    Yeah this solidified my choice. However, I just went there today and they told me they couldn't find Lollipop. In fact when they fixed my phone the other day they said what took them the longest time to fix it was searching for an Android version that was compatible with ma phone, which I guess was KitKat. It's cool, like only a few apps don't work that did on Lollipop, but it's not world ending. I may try another place to see if they can find a version, or just not worry about it. Probably time to get something new, haha.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-05-2019 09:14 PM
    Yeah this solidified my choice. However, I just went there today and they told me they couldn't find Lollipop. In fact when they fixed my phone the other day they said what took them the longest time to fix it was searching for an Android version that was compatible with ma phone, which I guess was KitKat. It's cool, like only a few apps don't work that did on Lollipop, but it's not world ending. I may try another place to see if they can find a version, or just not worry about it. Probably time to get something new, haha.
    Lol..yeah dont waste time , better off find something newer
    09-05-2019 09:19 PM
    09-06-2019 03:14 AM
    Wow thanks for this! I might give it a go. Sorry for such a late response.
    11-18-2019 02:45 PM