This is odd, and I've not seen anything quite like it in previous questions. Some of my contacts "disappear". This is never all, but often a few at a time.

Example: I'll get a text and just the number shows, not the name. It's odd because it's a number I call/text frequently. So I click "add" and try "add to exiting". Nothing comes up so I create a new contact. Then I go to contacts and 2 are there. Sometimes they don't show on the phone, but when I got to contacts.google.com they show as dupes, so then I merge the dupes. Up until today this has worked. However, today, once I merge the dupes they disappear from the text label again. And in a couple of cases they disappear totally. Today was the worst case - almost all of my texts showed as numbers only and when I searched in phone contacts (all sources) they weren't there. I took the time to "add", found them in google contacts, made sure all data was there (e.g. that I didn't lose address or email info), saw the contact on the phone but then once I open the Message app they are all numbers again. In a couple of cases, when I looked back at google contacts they had disappeared. So I have stopped trying to add.

Why does this happen? Why is only a portion of my contacts (they are all on google)? and Why are they now sometimes totally disappearing from all access methods?

I don't want to restore contacts or messages from cloud or samsung because I'm scored it'll overwrite the contacts I do have, or even the seemingly hidden ones that are right. Thoughts?

Samsung Galaxy s9
    09-04-2019 10:14 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are the contacts also disappearing from Google Contacts on the web (i.e., when you go to contacts.google.com on your computer browser)?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    09-04-2019 10:59 AM