I have observed that while taking printouts from android device(tablet), it's taking extra white space(margins) from all the four side of a page. I have checked my code which is of 100% width but it's shrinking a bit automatically where as the same page is coming with proper width in IOS. I am expecting this as a default margin setup for android. Any clarification or suggestion will be thankful.
    09-06-2019 05:55 AM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    09-06-2019 08:16 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! How are you printing -- using Google Cloud Print, or some other printer plugin app?
    09-06-2019 01:15 PM
    Most printing defaults to some margins (Word actually defaults to a full inch on all 4 sides - top, bottom, left and right). iOS may be overprinting (which is what 0 bleed is called), but that can result in parts of a document being cut off. "Full page" in Windows, Linux, Android - almost any graphical printing system (as opposed to, say, an IBM band printer) - means "at least a few percent left for bleed" (the part of the paper that's going to be trimmed off). You'd have to rewrite the printer driver (which is in an app if you're doing direct WiFi printing, or at the Google Print server if you're using a normal printing app, so you can't) to get the printing within a couple of cm of the edge of the paper. (Going exactly to the edge will gum the printer up sometimes - it depends on the printer and how wet [in the summer] or static-charged [in the winter] the paper is. Wet and static-charged paper tends to mot lie flat. Some static charges can repel ink drops, causing them to fly off the edge of the paper.)

If you have that much to put on one page, just lower the font size by 1 point, and it should all fit. If you're trying to print pictures with no border, that's what paper cutters (and bleed) are for.
    09-06-2019 04:47 PM