Home mini less responsive to "OK Google"

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have four google home minis in the home and was rather pleased with them. In the last 3ish months, they are less and less responsive when I say "ok google". Sometimes I need to repeat 2-3 times and literally yell at it. Or it doesn't recognize a command I have used dozens of times before.

Yet, if I say "ok google" low in conversation (when talking to friends about what it can do) so it won't activate, it does every time.

Anyone else having this problem? I'm getting really irritated at having to repeat myself several times.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried retraining your voice? Is there background noise or something new in the home or area that may be causing you to speak louder or may be stressing your voice so that you don't sound the same? Just asking.

Anyway I'd probably start with the basic of retraining your voice in your Google options. Do it at home and in the area you have the most issue with getting them to respond. Since you have to do it a few times you could actually do one in a few different rooms so it has a sample of you in various areas with different acoustics, not just that perfect quite place where we never are when we want to use these devices.

If you would like to reply to this thread please register an account, this link will help... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci