Is there a way I can delete a photo from the "All Photos" album but keep in a certain album? I'm trying to track my weight loss and don't want these shots if I'm trying to show someone a picture from my "All Photos" album.
    09-07-2019 04:18 AM
    So you don't want people to see your weight pics. Easy peasy, put them in a folder with a nomeadia.txt file. They are easy to make and you can find them online. You'll have to open the folder to see those pics with a file manager afterwards because they won't be seen in your gallery anymore.

Or if your device has a locked or hidden folder option you could use that, but since we don't know what device you have we don't know if yours does and we can't tell you how to do it if it does.

To reply in this thread to offer more information or for additional advice please register an account. This link will help... https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...-new-post.html
    09-07-2019 04:54 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which gallery app are you using? Google Photos, or a stock Gallery app?

Which phone do you have?
    09-07-2019 12:49 PM
    Not nomedia.txt but .nomedia (the dot before the name). It's easy to make - use any app that can create a file (any text editor will work), create the file (or choose New File, then save it as "nomedia"), then use a file manager to rename it and put the dot at the beginning. (It doesn't matter what's in the file, or if anything is in the file, it's the file's name that does the trick.) That prevents any media apps from looking in that folder. You'll have to restart after that, to rebuild the media database (media apps get the files to open from the database - and the database builder ignores any folder with a .nomedia file in it).
    09-07-2019 04:13 PM
    Not nomedia.txt but .nomedia (the dot before the name). It's easy to make - use any app that can create a file (any text editor will work), create the file (or choose New File, then save it as "nomedia"), then use a file manager to rename it and put the dot at the beginning. (It doesn't matter what's in the file, or if anything is in the file, it's the file's name that does the trick.) That prevents any media apps from looking in that folder. You'll have to restart after that, to rebuild the media database (media apps get the files to open from the database - and the database builder ignores any folder with a .nomedia file in it).
    See your making the folder, I didn't even know that was possible. I was creating a doc that goes in the folder. Either way if it works it's still pretty easy.
    09-07-2019 09:47 PM