Upgraded to Android 10 on my Pixel 2. Now when I download anything from a browser, the downloaded file disappears minutes later. I tried Chrome and Edge browsers and received the same result.

I work for Apple and did standard troubleshooting on the iPhone, to no avail.

I am not sure if the update triggered some sort of default removal of downloaded files.
    09-07-2019 02:34 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    09-07-2019 02:37 PM
    Check the file manager?
    09-07-2019 02:37 PM
    I did create an account. What exactly am I looking for in File Manager? I am aware of how to locate downloaded file. I can see the file immediately afterwards, but as I stated before, minutes laters the file disappears.
    09-07-2019 03:44 PM
    I just downloaded a couple of files in my 2 (I needed them anyway) with Firefox - and they're staying. I'm on QP1A.190711.020 (not .019). So it could be that you're on 019 (this is only the second time I've seen 2 releases on the same day), or it could be Chrome or Edge.
    09-07-2019 04:31 PM
    @Rukbat
    I'm on the same version as you are. I installed Firefox and the same thing happened. File disappeared again. It's not even showing in the download folders in the web browsers. They are completely gone.
    09-07-2019 04:46 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is the file being downloaded to the /Download directory, or some other directory specific for Firefox? Are you looking in the directory using your file manager app, or are you only looking in a general download category?

Do you have any 3rd party "phone cleaner" apps installed that might be clearing out the /Download directory on a regular basis?
    09-07-2019 04:59 PM
    @B. Diddy
    No, I'm not using any 3rd party cleaners. I am searching the file name using 2 file managers and the files are gone. They are being removed. I confirm the download completes and a minute or two later... Poof gone.
    09-07-2019 05:03 PM
    Chrome has an option to review your downloads in its menu. Did you try that when you used Chrome?

Do you know for sure the file was in the download folder you were looking at, and then it subsequently disappeared? Or could it be that the browsers are using a download directory of their own that's different from the main /Download directory?
    09-07-2019 05:21 PM
    @B. Diddy
    Yes, I am able to see the download in Chrome once it's complete. A couple of minutes it gone from there as well. Happens in Egde and Firefox as well. I see them complete in my notifications. I see it in the download folders in the web browser. I locate it in file manager. Then suddenly it's gone. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Edge & Chrome browsers. I'm convinced it's not the browsers, it's definitely the Android OS. I checked setting and didn't see anything that stood out. What else could it be?
    09-07-2019 05:37 PM
    Ok, see if it happens on Chrome after booting in Safe Mode, to exclude any 3rd party app interference: https://support.google.com/pixelphon.../2852139?hl=en
    09-07-2019 06:18 PM