I moved one folder from internal storage to SD card and it moved successfully. My phone was connected to laptop as well.. Then I tried moving that folder from SD card to laptop but it failed therefore I cancelled it. Now, I am not able to find the photos of that folder anywhere neither in phone nor in laptop.
    Can anyone suggest how can I recover those pics ?
    I can still see the folder name in internal storage of my phone but pics are not present in the folder.
    09-08-2019 02:17 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    09-08-2019 03:17 PM
    It's not on your sd card?
    09-08-2019 03:17 PM
    Your best bet is recovering from your sd card. You need a card reader for your Pc and use Recuva software.
    09-08-2019 03:33 PM
    Recuva might recover the files. PhotoRec definitely will.

(Moving moves as many files into RAM as possible, deletes them, then copies them to the destination - which is why you should NEVER use Move. Use Copy. then - if the copy is successful- you can manually delete the source.)
    09-08-2019 03:42 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! This might be a problem, since you used the Move command, not the Copy command. If something goes wrong during a Move command, the original files will still be erased, whereas with the Copy command, you still have the original files intact.

First, make sure you're looking in the SD card and not in Internal Storage using your file manager. Remember that with some file manager apps, internal storage might actually be listed as "sdcard0," in which case you need to look in "sdcard1" for the external card.

If you still can't find them, then see if there are any files in the LOST.DIR folder on the SD card. Files that were lost or broken during file operations might be saved here. If you see files that are about the right size for a photo, you could try renaming one of them with a .jpg at the end and see if it turns into one of the lost photos.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-09-2019 10:46 PM
    Duplicate threads merged.
    09-10-2019 12:20 AM