Hi Androids,
    My wife had her phone do something weird, suddenly today. She is using a Note 8. She was on Facebook at the time, and suddenly a warning popped up. It was a blue background with a cartoon animal character on it. It looked Facebook official. It said something to the affect, "your device has been logged in from a city in Brazil." It also said she should setup 2-Factor authentication, which she already has setup on her Facebook account and has had it setup since 2016. It then gave her an option to click 'Secure Now'. She hit the button and then another screen popped up (wording at the bottom of this post). She took a screen shot of the next pop up window, but did not hit the OK button in the bottom, right hand corner. She closed all the windows open on her phone.
    She did a search for this exact same wording on the internet and only two hits have heard of this. She did find a site in the Indian Ocean that has heard of it. IssueHub.io
    She was afraid to go onto the site because she didn't want to take a chance with it.
    She ran AVG on her phone, and it did not discover anything unusual.
    We are not sure, but we feel this may be a new trick that hackers are using to gain access to Facebook, and maybe the phone.
    What do you think? Have any of you ran across a similar message while using Facebook?
    My wife did immediately go and reset her Password for Facebook (on her Laptop). She then signed out of all devices from there. While we think this may not have gotten enough information from her phone to complete the possible attack, we are not sure. We are concerned it may still be on her phone waiting, but are unsure how to detect it. What do you good people think? Thanks!

webtopinstallstech.pw
    says
    WARNING!
    Generic Android 4.0 is infected with virus and immediate action is required!
    Continue with instructions to fix phone. Do not close this window!
    **Exit at your own risk**

OK
    09-08-2019 03:12 PM
    Welcome.

The message is a typical pos, but I'll move this to the Facebook subforum for comments from users.
    09-08-2019 03:43 PM
    Hey Thanks for moving it to the FB subforum. One word of friendly advice, would be for you as Co-Ambassador Team Lead to not tear down a first time poster. This is the reason so many forums have become cesspools. Thanks for moving my post. I am pretty sure, after thinking more about this issue, that it is just a slimy company looking to make a buck off their so called 'anti-virus' virus software by hijacking the browser. Thanks.
    09-08-2019 04:41 PM
    Hey Thanks for moving it to the FB subforum. One word of friendly advice, would be for you as Co-Ambassador Team Lead to not tear down a first time poster. This is the reason so many forums have become cesspools. Thanks for moving my post. I am pretty sure, after thinking more about this issue, that it is just a slimy company looking to make a buck off their so called 'anti-virus' virus software by hijacking the browser. Thanks.
    You misunderstand. I was referring to the message as a pos, not your post.
    09-08-2019 04:52 PM
    I think you misunderstood @belodion very respectful and helpful .
    09-08-2019 05:11 PM
    I just opened a website on the Samsung internet browser and suddenly a few other sites opened up with a white notification box with webtopinstalls.pw warning box saying my tablet is infected and to close at my own risk. Then, often, a Google page warning pops up into background but I can't get to it unless I press the ok button the original notification box.

I can't shut down the browser tab. Any thoughts on what to do? Norton isn't picking it up in its scan.

There was nothing to do with Facebook like another poster with the same warning wrote in this forum.
    09-09-2019 11:38 PM
    09-09-2019 11:41 PM
    Can use that link so you can communicate here unless your not a sign in member
    09-09-2019 11:42 PM
    Which Samsung phone you have ?
    09-09-2019 11:43 PM
    09-09-2019 11:44 PM
    Duplicate threads merged.

Good lord, belodion certainly was not directing any disrespect to you!

Our Ambassador and Mod team makes great efforts to make sure the discourse here is friendly and civil. Feel free to report any post that you find offensive, but this was a simple misunderstanding.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-10-2019 12:11 AM