Waiting for dowloads only
    09-08-2019 06:26 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    09-08-2019 06:32 PM
    09-08-2019 06:32 PM
    Rebooting may fix it.
    09-08-2019 07:13 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Does this happen on both wi-fi and mobile data?

Try going to Settings>Apps, select Google Play Store, tap Storage, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Do the same for Download Manager -- you probably have to tap Menu>Show System to see it. Now try again.
    09-10-2019 12:04 AM
    After searching the interwebs for three or four days and reading several hundreds of posts, I came across a rather obscure one that recommended disabling your Google account. NOT uninstalling it, not deleting anything on it, just disable it. Reboot and all of your downloads will start again with no problems. I don't know what it is, but it must have something to do with the Google account's latest update because that's about the time mine started showing Play Store updates which I could click to update and they'd get to anywhere from 85 to 98% and then just quit. Disabling the Google account didn't seem to affect anything else on the phone and everything's been running as it should since then including Gmail, Play Store, Chrome, Google Calendar...
    09-19-2019 12:48 PM
    Disable the account where and how? Are you talking about a system app?
    09-19-2019 10:23 PM
    I have a Note 9 so it's Settings---Apps---Google app---disable. It worked like a charm. And like I said, all of my Google apps still work perfectly after disabling the main Google account app, but I did not delete the app. There must be something about keeping it on your phone because someone else deleted it to try and the Google apps quit working. I didn't want to do a hard factory reset on the phone and people were reporting that doing that didn't work either. I think it's probably because the Google app updated after which caused the problem to start yet again.
    09-20-2019 04:43 AM
    Oh, you're disabling the Google app, not the account. The Google app is the Google search app, which is also responsible for the Discover feed. As that app becomes more and more all-encompassing (e.g., it will soon replace the Android Auto interface on the phone), disabling it may not be the best option for everyone.
    09-20-2019 11:40 PM
    It might not be but for now, it worked. Once the next update comes through, I'll re-enable it and see if I'm still having the problem. And just a side note, I absolutely abhor Android Auto's interface so an update to that would be awesome. I don't use it now because it's so sucky. And I gave up on Google Assistant and use Alexa now. Then again, I have a "new design basic screen radio" in my Terrain thanks to a husband who thought the trim package would be the same as in his loaded truck so we didn't drive it first :/ (this is really sore spot with me!) So I use a ROAV charger in the car with built in Alexa and it's been great. I know, off topic, but if Android Auto updated the interface so it mirrored my home screen, I'd use it.
    09-21-2019 07:39 AM
    Are you talking about Android Auto's new interface, or the old one? (The new interface only shows up on the car's screen, not the phone's.)

09-21-2019 10:28 AM
    The old interface. But because I have the "new design", smaller interface radio from GM that has no satellite radio even, or color for that matter, I still am stuck with the old interface. And it sucks.
    09-21-2019 10:33 AM