My pattern unlock isn't working on my G7. Not sure if it has to do with my Pie update a month ago or not. When I enter the pattern, the dots disappear but nothing happens. It does it on my lock screen and when I have to confirm a settings change. I am afraid to restart my phone, to see if this fixes the issue, as I have to enter my pattern to access my phone after a restart. And I can't change or turn off pattern as I have to enter my pattern to do this. Thankfully I can still access my phone with fingerprint, but not having the pattern work is a pain in the ***. Anybody else have this issue? Do I have any options to fix it that doesn't involve a hard factory reset?
    09-08-2019 09:16 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    09-08-2019 09:18 PM
    I really dont see a way except factory reset , just back everything now while you can get into the phone , because eventually it will ask for password or pin as a Android security once screen is off for awhile. Best to be ahead of the game before it leaves doing factory reset without backing up .
    09-08-2019 09:21 PM
    Ok I just created an account. I will back everything up on my account.
    09-09-2019 08:05 AM
    I'd use a PIN, rather than a pattern. (It's the same security, the pattern is like a phone dial.) But the FPS is a lot more secure. Very few people know how to fake your fingerprint (and people at that level don't steal cellphones). But anyone can spy on you tracing a pattern or typing a PIN. (You need it to turn the phone on, and if you make it a word you can't forget, but that has no meaning to anyone else, it's kind of secure - for turning the phone on.)
    09-09-2019 03:52 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion to back my phone up. I didn't realize that the phone would ask for a pattern every once in a while as extra security. I backed it up yesterday afternoon, just in time, because last night it asked me for pattern to unlock. I had to factory reset. I am back up and running, minus my custom ringtones. Plus there are some new/different features I didn't know about that I discovered.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-10-2019 08:23 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion to back my phone up. I didn't realize that the phone would ask for a pattern every once in a while as extra security. I backed it up yesterday afternoon, just in time, because last night it asked me for pattern to unlock. I had to factory reset. I am back up and running, minus my custom ringtones. Plus there are some new/different features I didn't know about that I discovered.
    That's great, at least now you know what to expect if it happens again. Yeah android security is a pain but stops anyone taking your phone or info.
    09-10-2019 08:30 AM