My Samsung Galaxy note 3 wI'll not send messages but can receive them.. I have cleared the cache data and tried other messaging apps setting them to the default app to no prevail. I was told that it was my WPA key or settings can that be the problem with not able 5o send messages?
    09-09-2019 03:02 AM
    From the sounds of your post, you were able to send messages from this device in the past, is this true? It sounds like you've taken all of the prudent steps, except for clutter. How many messages do you have on the device and how much free space do you have? We are in a texting world and some almost exclusively text, but something you should consider is the number of messages you have on the device. Not clearing out old messages when you have thousands can cause slow or delayed send times, issues with opening or sending MMS messages, just to name a couple. Having your device at or near maximum storage capacity can cause issues as well. I'm not sure but it seems like it needs some of that space to buffer maybe. Anyway if you don't have thousands of messages and aren't close to the storage limit of the device my advice is to take it to your carrier. You may be able to get some help over the phone, however most customer service reps spew the same babble and will likely ask that you do some of the same things you've already done and may ask you to factory reset before even really looking into things on their end, so if possible face to face is often better and more productive, IMO.

Meanwhile yes some settings can affect your ability to send and/or receive messages, however if it was working before and suddenly isn't, the chances of it being a setting, or something deep like the WPA are very slim. It is far more likely that something with your account or something that has happened with the carrier is the cause.

For one of my devices I twice had to take it in where they had to refresh my SMS settings on their end, which sounded like they turn off and back on a switch in my account. The second time it happened I thought I'd call instead of go in and was asked to do many of the things you mention in your post even when I explained what had happened the first time. They were unable to find what I was talking about.
    09-09-2019 03:41 AM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    09-09-2019 08:18 AM