Software Update not downloading over mobile data even though I have it set to

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi all,

I'm having an issue downloading my software update with mobile data. Is this even possible? I've searched google to try and find an answer and found and have done the following:

- In my Settings under Biometrics and Security/Other Security Settings/Security Policy Updates, I have the "Download updates via" set to wifi or mobile networks.

- In my Galaxy Store settings, I have "Auto update apps" set to "using wi-fi or mobile data".

- In Play Store under "App download preference", I have it set to "Over any network".

- In my Play Store under "Auto update apps" I have it set to "Auto update apps at any time. Data charges may apply"

But even with all these settings changed, whenever I try to update my phone over mobile, it says "Couldn't download update. Connect to Wi-Fi network to continue downloading the update". I've also tried deselecting "Auto download over wifi" in my Software Update section under Settings. Nothing works, so I'm wondering if it's even possible? I have unlimited data, so I'm not worried about using it up. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Turn off mobile data, turn on WiFi, and wait. If you've tried within the past 24 hours, you get pushed back another 24 hours. When your update is sent out (they're sent out by IMEI), you'll get it.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey