Hi.
    I have lots of pics in album.

Yesterday, after editing, new pic was saved alongside old pic.

But today, new pic is saved at the top of album.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thank you all.
    09-09-2019 06:33 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    09-09-2019 06:44 PM
    After you edit a picture you should have both the orginal and edit version. Which phone you have?
    09-09-2019 06:45 PM
    From what I understand the photos are sorted by the date stored within the exif properties of the file, not the date of the file itself. Some of the programs that people use to move files from one folder to another actually cause those properties (such as location, date taken, etc.) to be lost.

The last time I copied all my things from one phone to another, all of the files were reset to that date, so there was no rhyme or reason to how they were ordered - essentially a nightmare!

Fortunately I keep the files in folders where the name of the folder is the date, so I could fix them using the app shown below, which enables you to update the exif properties in many files all at the same time...
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-09-2019 06:51 PM
    From what I understand the photos are sorted by the date stored within the exif properties of the file, not the date of the file itself. Some of the programs that people use to move files from one folder to another actually cause those properties (such as location) to be lost.

The last time I copied all my things from one phone to another, all of the files were reset to that date, so there was no rhyme or reason to how they were ordered - essentially a nightmare!

Fortunately I keep the files on folders where the name of the folder is the date, so I could fix them using the app shown below, which enables you to update the exif properties in many files all at the same time...
    [IMG=485x1024]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190909/88bece80e0135fedb8ce95894a903994.jpg[/url]
    Good tip
    09-09-2019 06:52 PM
    Thank you all for the answers but I think it's not the date properties of the picture. It seems that pics on memory card albums have this problem while pics on phone memory so not seem to have this problem. I also restarted the phone but no change. Any idea what's happening? Thanks.
    09-09-2019 07:25 PM
    Thank you all for the answers but I think it's not the date properties of the picture. It seems that pics on memory card albums have this problem while pics on phone memory so not seem to have this problem. I also restarted the phone but no change. Any idea what's happening? Thanks.
    Hi, welcome!
    Your welcome, which phone you have?
    09-09-2019 07:32 PM
    Which phone?
    Which version of android?
    Which carrier?

Which picture viewing app?
    What is the chosen sort order for the pictures?

Many of the badly written picture apps look at the file dates when they should be looking at the EXIF data.
    If you need a picture app that does it correctly, try "piktures" by Diune:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...diune.pictures
    09-10-2019 01:38 AM
    Hi.
    I have a Huawei P Smart model FIG LA1.
    Android version 9.1.0.122.
    I am in a southeast Asian country and using a local carrier. I am in my home wifi 30mbps.

I am just using the default Gallery app.
    There seems to be no sort order available to choose.

I am often moving files between phone memory and the external card.
    09-10-2019 02:05 PM
    I have also installed the Piktures app now.
    It seems cool, but how will it help me in my problem?

I am also thinking of buying the Photo EXIF Editor Pro. Shall I use it to reset the time stamp of my image files which I want to be lumped together?

Finally, the million dollar question : Is there any way I can rearrange files in the order I like in any album?

Thanks to all.
    09-10-2019 02:12 PM
    Piktures lets you pick how you want the photos sorted in the albums (by name, by date, by size, by last modified).
    If you pick "by date", Piktures will look at the EXIF data to see what the "capture date" is and correctly ignore the file system date.

It should be noted that may apps helpfully name the photos based on the capture date or date first downloaded. In these cases, sort by name and by date amount to the same thing.

For apps that wrongly look at the file system dates, moving files from one "drive" to another is a problem in that android does not preserve the file system dates during the move.
    09-11-2019 04:35 PM