My "voicemail" has called me several times today. Why? There is also nothing in my mailbox. Why is it doing this?
    09-10-2019 03:26 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone, and which carrier? Is it actually calling you (i.e., you hear the ringtone) or just notifying you that you have a voicemail (which should just be the notification tone)?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    09-10-2019 11:24 PM
    It is a ploy to get people to answer their phones to listen to recordings or be solicited by using a spoofed number. Perhaps they believe that you will be more likely to answer if you think the call is from you...? Not sure how that works exactly because any sane or rational person would know that they are not calling themselves but it must work because they continue to do it. Anyway you are not calling yourself, your voicemail is not calling you and I'm sure if you answered it would be some kind of scam hoping to get money from you to restore your SSN or stop you from going to jail for a crime you didn't commit. Well... I guess I really don't know you that well. I joke, I joke. And this is a joke. Daily I get calls from local numbers that are not local people, probably not even real people. They almost never leave a message, similar to what you have experienced, and I've even received calls from myself. My number is listed under my name with my voicemail number being something completely different. Actually they may just be spoofing the caller ID to say voicemail... does the number show at all or does it just say voicemail? It really doesn't matter because as I've said it isn't real. Hope this puts your mind at ease. Use B. Diddy's link if you have any other questions, would like to confirm for anyone finding this thread with the same issue if the number being used is actually yours or just says voicemail or just to be a member and a part of one of the largest Android communities online.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-13-2019 04:41 AM